MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How Often do you Update Songbooks? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10222)

capnvic June 26th, 2008 06:51 PM

How Often do you Update Songbooks?

How often do you update songbooks? Do you do monthly? 90 days? do you have separate updates from the original songbook?

Just want to get some feedback on this... Thanks

Vic

bryant June 27th, 2008 03:18 AM

I completely redo mine every May of every year, if that's what you mean.

Between "May's", I print out an addendum that is tucked in the insert of the front cover every time I purchase a new disk or two, which is at least once or twice a month, sometimes more, depending on requests. The addendum is usually about five to ten pages by reprint time.

swany June 27th, 2008 11:13 AM

Print new books each year in December, tax time deduction. Toner cartridge and paper.

I add new pages when I have at least a two sided page to add which works out to about every other month.

Lonman June 27th, 2008 12:14 PM

I do a complete reprint about once a year.
I have a new section in the front that gets updated every time I get new discs. This section gets reprinted with the new additions - not just a new page added on top of the last new page. All the latest songs are incorporated into the new list & marked with an * to denote the latest listing.

hwheeler43 June 27th, 2008 12:54 PM

I also Print the entire books about once a year. I keep up with the last disk number in the main books and print a range starting with it every few weeks as I add new cdg's. The new releases are at about 7 pages now, so I will probably print the whole book after I add my next shipment of cdg's.

If you want to save money I recommend going with a cheap laser printer. Toner is way cheaper than ink and actually looks better.

capnvic June 27th, 2008 01:28 PM

Thanks for the replies

I reprint my songbooks every year and update the books every three months, That way I am covered for the year. I just wanted to get a feel for how others do the songbooks.

BTW I have an HP laser printer from which I print the songbook update sheets, and my master songbook. I wish it could do automatic duplexing.The only drawback.:g

Lonman June 27th, 2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnvic (Post 76294)
I reprint my songbooks every year and update the books every three months, That way I am covered for the year. I just wanted to get a feel for how others do the songbooks.

BTW I have an HP laser printer from which I print the songbook update sheets, and my master songbook. I wish it could do automatic duplexing.The only drawback.:g

Does it not have an option to purchase a duplexer module? My Dell did not come with one standard, but I bought the separate module that hooks onto it.

bryant June 27th, 2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 76271)
I completely redo mine every May of every year, if that's what you mean.

Between "May's", I print out an addendum that is tucked in the insert of the front cover every time I purchase a new disk or two, which is at least once or twice a month, sometimes more, depending on requests. The addendum is usually about five to ten pages by reprint time.

I will add the addendum is a brand new one with all the new disks, such as Lonnie doess

capnvic June 27th, 2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonman (Post 76295)
Does it not have an option to purchase a duplexer module? My Dell did not come with one standard, but I bought the separate module that hooks onto it.

The HP Laserjet 5P never had a duplex option. you can manually duplex. So my first copy is done on 5P and then I go to my nearest Xerox copier and make my double-sided copy from the single-sided master. Its a good printer otherwise. I have owned it for 10 years with out any major problems.:)

capnvic June 27th, 2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 76298)
I will add the addendum is a brand new one with all the new disks, such as Lonnie doess

I generally buy 3-5 disks every month, so I can keep up with the monthly releases on country, and pop. I also am good for one or two SC disks a month.

I will also go a bit crazy and check out the big closeout sales at some of the big Karaoke outlets, and end up buying 10-12 disks.

That is why I update every three months. I am also due for a new book, but I will wait until the late fall.