MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cannot import songs from disks (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17322)

FrankK August 8th, 2021 06:11 PM

Cannot import songs from disks

Running ver. 4.41.0.0. Has been running fine for years. Now it will not load songs from disks, and when I try to write a disk from songs I already have on my computer, it writes and says it\'s O.K., but when I play the disks, songs play for a few seconds, then quit and show as \"Played\". I have tried the disk drive that came with my computer which has worked since I got it, and also using the ASUS disk I purchase from MTU which also worked prior to this. I\'ve done no updates of any kind.
When I try to import songs from a disk (a factory disk), it just shows the box saying \"Preparing Disk\", and never does anything. When I cancel, it says it cancels, but does nothing else. When I try to get out of Microstudio it does nothing. I have to use the Task Manager to get out of it. Pretty frustrating for a customer of over 20 years. Hope someone can help.

Roy Dennis August 9th, 2021 07:55 AM

Re: Cannot import songs from disks

I can only think some corruption may have occurred in the program or
the media is faulty.
Are you using a pack of CDs which used to write OK or has this started since using a new batch of CD-R’s ?

Which version of windows are you running ?

You state your Microstudio version is “ 4.41.0.0.” there was an update released with some bug fixes which I believe is a free update 4.41.01 .

From the Microstudio Help menu select Check for updates.

Or alternately try re installing.

FrankK August 9th, 2021 01:05 PM

Thank You Roy for replying so quickly. I\'m running Windows 10 and have been for quite some time. I\'m using the same CD-R\'s that I\'ve used for years (the gold ones that were made in Japan, the best you could buy). I had looked up the version of Microstudio for updates, but the update for mine is no longer free and I don\'t want to buy it if it doesn\'t resolve the problem. I wrote to MTU and got a reply that they thought it was my disk drives. I know that\'s not so, so I wrote back to them and told them so. I haven\'t gotten back any reply, so I\'m pretty P.O.\'d with them. I\'ve spent thousands of dollars with them over the years, so obviously I\'m frustrated. I do believe it\'s a problem with their software.

Roy Dennis August 9th, 2021 01:29 PM

So have you tried re installing the program ?

Perhaps un install first reboot computer then reinstal providing you still have the instalation file.

FrankK August 10th, 2021 02:29 PM

Thanks! I guess I\'ll have to try and reinstall, although I\'ll probably lose all the songs I\'ve previously loaded. I\'ll keep plugging and will let you know if I have any success.