MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Player opinion (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=6307)

goonie227 September 21st, 2005 08:39 PM

Player opinion

Anybody know anything about this plyerAPI DVD-701 Rack mountable Professional DVD VCD CDG Player.
I am considering it as a backup to my JVC MV333

kevin7007 October 29th, 2005 04:20 PM

nope

G-Force November 29th, 2005 07:04 PM

The link doesn't work, but in my experience anything that has to put the word "professional" in its name definatley is not prefessional grade.

goonie227 March 3rd, 2006 09:31 AM

Never Mind

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonie227
Anybody know anything about this plyerAPI DVD-701 Rack mountable Professional DVD VCD CDG Player.
I am considering it as a backup to my JVC MV333

I Bought MTU Rackmount with Hoster:g

I Love It:g:w:)

bryant March 3rd, 2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Force
The link doesn't work, but in my experience anything that has to put the word "professional" in its name definatley is not prefessional grade.

Ahhh, not always so...I am a professionally registered mechanical engineer...and only because I have earned that status due to a specific amount of education combined with years of applicable experience, followed by 16 hours of very serious tests that ensure the State of Maine that I am qualified according to the statutes of Maine to practice as a professional.

swany March 27th, 2006 12:09 PM

Don't know a thing about them but the Pioneer they are comparing it to I have and am happy with it. Would never pay that much for a Pioneer, but I bought two used for way less than what they quote for one, for that matter cheaper than the API also. If they are better than the pioneer, why not.

G-Force March 27th, 2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant
Ahhh, not always so...I am a professionally registered mechanical engineer...and only because I have earned that status due to a specific amount of education combined with years of applicable experience, followed by 16 hours of very serious tests that ensure the State of Maine that I am qualified according to the statutes of Maine to practice as a professional.

Not meant to offend. I was strictly referring to DJ/KJ/Sound equipment.

bryant March 27th, 2006 09:44 PM

I see. No problem, g-force.

mindonstrike March 29th, 2006 06:15 AM

I don't know about this player but many players that will play DVD will not play Mediacloqued Sound Choice CDG's

Sam

mindonstrike March 29th, 2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Force
Not meant to offend. I was strictly referring to DJ/KJ/Sound equipment.

I have found this to be true of many products/tools. Adding "professional" to it's name is often a marketing ploy to either charge more money or lead the consumer into thinking they are getting a quality product at an inexpensive price. When I worked at Homebase (similiar to Home Depot) I saw this all the time.

Sam

bryant March 29th, 2006 08:05 AM

Now I fully agree with that!