MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Where do you work (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9946)

CerealKiller April 1st, 2008 09:04 PM

Where do you work

I was wondering where some of you are? If anyone is close to me? If I travel where I should go so lets find out.

I Work in Mishawaka Indiana, Near Notre Dame. Its connected to South Bend 3rd largest city In Indiana. The name of the bar is Bleachers pub and grub. We do karaoke 7 days a week so its the only place I work.

Lonman April 2nd, 2008 02:41 PM

Tacoma, WA. Thunderbird Lounge - 7 nights (15 years). I have a host work for me every Thursday & every other Fri & Sat - opposite, meaning if I work Friday, he'll work Sat, the next week he works Fri & I work Sat & so on.

hitman921 October 12th, 2008 12:18 PM

Responce from NJ Entertainment

I host a number of shows a week, for example. Mondays I host at a bar call Studio 31 Near Midway Airport, Chicago, Tuesdays & Wednesdays I'm at a Place in Palos Heights, Ill. called Game Time. Weekends I float between two(2) places One called Murphy's Law, Oak Lawn, Ill. and the other is called Danny T's in Markhum, Ill. So, should anyone be in those areas feel free to come and see me. My name is Nick (At-Nite) My company name is NJ Entertainment. Hope to see you there.

Susan Waites October 12th, 2008 12:31 PM

I work at Short Stop Bar & Grill in Hueytown, Alabama.
On Thursday & Sunday nights.:)

KaraokeDj38030 October 13th, 2008 08:34 PM

Venues

I Live in Dyersburg, Tennessee and Do Every other Thursday 7-11 and Every Saturday 9-3am at Cyotote Bev's Downtown Dyersburg. Fridays are covered by myself and My Girl Emolisious at HIGHROLLERS in Curuthersville,MO 8-1 and Saturdays are excuslively with my Girl Emolisious 8-1 at HIGHROLLERS in Curuthersville, MO.

Name of My company is in my signanture feel free to drop in anytime!!!!

JNS02 October 15th, 2008 01:45 AM

I live in Hastings, Michigan, just outside Grand Rapids. I do a one man show at the Creston VFW in G.R. on Wed. nite, Karaoke at the same location on Thursday, (5 yrs) Tues & Friday nites at Auggies Bar and Grill in Lansing, Mich. Sat. nites I do a lot of private parties (wedding receptions, parties of all sorts). Sunday and monday are open, so if you need a KJ/DJ ....... never mind, you would do it yourself !!!! :c:t:c

bryant October 15th, 2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNS02 (Post 83976)
I live in Hastings, Michigan, just outside Grand Rapids. I do a one man show at the Creston VFW in G.R. on Wed. nite, Karaoke at the same location on Thursday, (5 yrs) Tues & Friday nites at Auggies Bar and Grill in Lansing, Mich. Sat. nites I do a lot of private parties (wedding receptions, parties of all sorts). Sunday and monday are open, so if you need a KJ/DJ ....... never mind, you would do it yourself !!!! :c:t:c

Just curious , as my wife works in the VFW's, how much can you get these guys to pay you there for a show?

hitman921 October 15th, 2008 09:31 AM

Response to VFW

I used to do a show for the "Moose Lodge" on the south west side of Chicago and my min. was $50.00 an hour with a three (3) hour min. But, again, that WAS my min. then. Now I'm at $65.00 ph w/3 hr min. But doing shows for organizations like the Moose, VFW, or any kind of non profit lodge you want to gave them some sort of a special rate. I would think anyway. Besides, theres other business that you'l get through them.:c

JNS02 October 15th, 2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 83987)
Just curious , as my wife works in the VFW's, how much can you get these guys to pay you there for a show?

Bryant, I answered you in a private message:)

RIKKI TIKKI October 15th, 2008 02:07 PM

Run For The Border

Live in Nogales, Az., a border town 60 miles south of Tucson. Doing show's Wed here in Nogales @ Scotty's Bar (14 yrs) 9-12, Fri @ Esplendor Resort in Rio Rico (5 yrs) 9-1, and every other Saturday in Patagonia @ The Wagon Wheel Bar ( 2 yrs )8:30-12:30. All venues are within a 20 mile radius and I try not to over saturate the area, since i have very little competition at the moment! I have been in the business for 16 years, and using Hoster since 2004.

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke

goonie227 October 18th, 2008 02:28 AM

Ashland, Ohio

:tWe play the VFW, Amvets & American Legion here in podunck Ohio.:g
Dick