MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17315)

GwenButler May 25th, 2021 06:17 AM

Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers

Greetings,
Does anyone have any recommendations concerning a mobile DJ/Karaoke setup w/rechargeable speakers configuration?

I am looking to use quality rechargeable speakers (i.e., supports good voice sound) and at the same time, still utilize my powered amp/mixer and laptop.

Is this even feasible?

(BTW- I have invested in an ALTO - Professional Stealth Wireless System for wireless speaker capability, however, I am now trying to replace my need for powered speakers.)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
The Karaoke Queen

kod May 25th, 2021 10:02 AM

Re: Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwenButler (Post 138108)
Greetings,
Does anyone have any recommendations concerning a mobile DJ/Karaoke setup w/rechargeable speakers configuration?

I am looking to use quality rechargeable speakers (i.e., supports good voice sound) and at the same time, still utilize my powered amp/mixer and laptop.

Is this even feasible?

(BTW- I have invested in an ALTO - Professional Stealth Wireless System for wireless speaker capability, however, I am now trying to replace my need for powered speakers.)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
The Karaoke Queen

I have two Bose S1 Pro battery powered speakers that are outstanding in sound quality. I highly recommend these speakers to anyone needing battery powered speakers!

I also own the Alto Stealth system and wish they would come out with a battery powered system!

GwenButler May 25th, 2021 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
KOD,
I really appreciate your prompt response.

Do you think it is a simple substitution to \\\\\\\"swap out\\\\\\\" my current powered speakers with S1 Pro replacement speakers to make the necessary setup change, or is there a need for additional software/hardware?

How will the S1 Pro speaker signals connect to my sound controls? (See attachment for my current equipment list.)

Thanks in advance!
TKQ

kod May 25th, 2021 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GwenButler (Post 138111)
KOD,
I really appreciate your prompt response.

Do you think it is a simple substitution to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"swap out\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" my current powered speakers with S1 Pro replacement speakers to make the necessary setup change, or is there a need for additional software/hardware?

How will the S1 Pro speaker signals connect to my sound controls? (See attachment for my current equipment list.)

Thanks in advance!
TKQ

Nothing is needed to make the change. The S1 Pro is a powered speaker like your others except they can operate on battery power also (~6-8 hours).

They connect like any other speaker. No special hardware or software needed. When hooked to electrical power, they charge automatically.

Another plus is they weigh only 15-16 pounds!

For clarity I have attached the PDF manual for the S1 Pro...

GwenButler May 26th, 2021 08:42 AM

KOD,
Much appreciation for this valued information.

I will definitely use your attachment to take advantage of trying to better understand details concerning my configuration needs--esp. connectivity of these speakers--which it appears may need to rely upon my existing ALTO Stealth System to accomplish that final step.

Thanks so very much for your support on this!
Continued Blessings,
TKQ

kod May 26th, 2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwenButler (Post 138118)
KOD,
Much appreciation for this valued information.

I will definitely use your attachment to take advantage of trying to better understand details concerning my configuration needs--esp. connectivity of these speakers--which it appears may need to rely upon my existing ALTO Stealth System to accomplish that final step.

Thanks so very much for your support on this!
Continued Blessings,
TKQ

I do not understand the connectivity concerns. These speakers hook up like all other speakers.

The only difference is, in addition to being electrical powered, they are also battery powered...

GwenButler May 26th, 2021 12:34 PM

Got it! You are so right!

Thanks,
TKQ