MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Delete files (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17106)

eldaiquiri May 16th, 2018 08:50 PM

Delete files

I am organzing my collection. Can you tell me how do i delete songs from my comupter? Should i first delete from hoster or from my hard drive? Does it mater? Also i want to rename some files on my hard drive. Will i have to import them again? That will give the song a new number in the song book. Can i rename file and keep the same song book number?

Roy Dennis May 17th, 2018 03:26 AM

Re: Delete files

You should always use Hoster’s edit dialog to delete songs first as this removes the songs data from the database freeing up those Disc Ids and BookIds. You can after that delete the file from the hard drive.
If you just delete from the hard drive the info still remains in the database and if you try re importing you can end up with duplicated disc id’s. So my advise is to always use Hosters edit dialog first.

You can rename the Songs in the edit dialog without actually renaming the original file.

If you re Import a file after re naming the file you should be able to use the original Book Id providing that ID has been removed from the database via the edit dialog prior to re Importing.

I’ll try answering your other question later today as I have an appointment to keep now.

eldaiquiri May 17th, 2018 03:59 AM

I tried deleting the file in the edit file secion in hoster but when trying to re import, via index song files, the file doesn\'t show. I tried rebuilding database. Still doesn\'t show up.
Thank for your help. I will wait for your reply

DannyGsKaraoke May 29th, 2018 01:25 PM

You are going to have to go and reimport the entire foler,I believe because you have to delete in the folder the imported files file.

eldaiquiri June 2nd, 2018 10:29 AM

I am going crazy here. I just want to start over and make new books..what do i need to do?

Roy Dennis June 2nd, 2018 04:39 PM

Check your private messages I have posted some info there.

If you start over from scratch you will most likely loose all your singers history and any other saved info.

Read my private message I may be able to see your actual problem and sort it without starting from scratch.

Lonman June 17th, 2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 135358)
Check your private messages I have posted some info there.

If you start over from scratch you will most likely loose all your singers history and any other saved info.

If she copies the singer database and moves it to a different location, if she starts over, she can move the singer history back and it should be back on track. I move my singer history from computer to computer all the time and it always seems to pick up the songs and locations (unless the actual track doesn\'t exist for some reason on the new computer).

Roy Dennis December 2nd, 2018 06:11 AM

Closed as no further replies.