MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   What's your new years resolution? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8334)

danny_g December 27th, 2006 11:04 PM

What's your new years resolution?

After finally getting one of my resolutions for this year completed in the last month of the year, I have decided to try and make this years obtainable by mid year so I don't feel so rushed like I did this year. This years resolution was to get my license straightened out and get a car. Got the license done in August and the car in the begining of December.
My resolution for next year is to eliminate songlists in paper form and go to a songlist terminal. Have had to go to two separate programs for running the setup so I can eliminate slips as well. Just got to get the actual terminal or terminals to run it. And no I still am not willing to pay the price for Chip's software. Not worth it as I have access to two free programs to do the same work that his does.

bryant December 28th, 2006 01:43 AM

Well, share the good news on the freebies???\
where from.

mindonstrike December 28th, 2006 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny_g (Post 57479)
After finally getting one of my resolutions for this year completed in the last month of the year, I have decided to try and make this years obtainable by mid year so I don't feel so rushed like I did this year. This years resolution was to get my license straightened out and get a car. Got the license done in August and the car in the begining of December.
My resolution for next year is to eliminate songlists in paper form and go to a songlist terminal. Have had to go to two separate programs for running the setup so I can eliminate slips as well. Just got to get the actual terminal or terminals to run it. And no I still am not willing to pay the price for Chip's software. Not worth it as I have access to two free programs to do the same work that his does.

Usually I like being on the cutting edge of technology but I'm going to have to wait and see this in action at someone elses show before I make that leap.

Like Bryant if there are free programs out there I'd love to check'em out.

Sam

danny_g December 28th, 2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindonstrike (Post 57491)
Usually I like being on the cutting edge of technology but I'm going to have to wait and see this in action at someone elses show before I make that leap.

Like Bryant if there are free programs out there I'd love to check'em out.

Sam

One of them isn't 100% free as you need Fast Track PLus to create your list, but they have a free viewer that can act as a spngbook program. I used the demo to create my list. To communicate between computers I use XChatfree chat software. Yeah it forces the singers to type in the songs and I still have to search for the requests, but it will do the job I need it to do.
The only downside to this is that you either need your backup set in MP3+G format or you need to create a csv file out of hoster's database.

bryant December 28th, 2006 04:31 PM

too much work, I see.