MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Noise on Tracks (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9377)

cableguy October 8th, 2007 04:11 PM

Noise on Tracks

I have some Super CDG's that I have converted to MP3G. Some of the tracks are a little noisey when the music stops.

Question:

Is there a way Microstudio can clean these up? And if so can someone spell out the process for me, please.

Thx
Cableguy

madjim- with the Lord October 8th, 2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cableguy (Post 66619)
I have some Super CDG's that I have converted to MP3G. Some of the tracks are a little noisey when the music stops.

Question:

Is there a way Microstudio can clean these up? And if so can someone spell out the process for me, please.

Thx
Cableguy

Cableguy,

A noise reduction feature would be found in an audio editting program. Do a search on the web for "audio noise reduction" or "noise reduction software". There are a few different programs out there that have a plug-in to provide this feature.

I Hopre This Helps

Jim :g

cableguy October 8th, 2007 09:08 PM

Thanks, in my original post I mentioned Microstudio....I meant Songverter. Can I not convert the MPG to a BIN and then convert back to MPG? Will the program clean it up going to a BIN file??

madjim- with the Lord October 8th, 2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cableguy (Post 66629)
Thanks, in my original post I mentioned Microstudio....I meant Songverter. Can I not convert the MPG to a BIN and then convert back to MPG? Will the program clean it up going to a BIN file??

MTU is working on a new version of Songverter right now. I don't think noise reduction will be included. There are some great audio editors that do this job. I use Sound Forge.

Jim :g

ddouglass October 8th, 2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cableguy (Post 66629)

Converting a bad MP3+G to BIN just makes a bad BIN file. Songverter does nothing to the audio or graphics except to change the format. It does not any adjustments.

cableguy October 9th, 2007 03:07 PM

Any suggestions on how to clean them.....software referal?

Or am I dead in the water :(

Does MTU make a Microstudio that rips SCDG?

ddouglass October 9th, 2007 08:20 PM

No they don't. What program are you using?

cableguy October 10th, 2007 08:30 PM

The SCDG program I use is by KJAM/ROXBOX. It works well but it does nothing to clean and restore all the files and I have some files with allot of background noise. I do not want to dump the music becouse the files have vocals and I get allot of request for certian songs with vocals to help the singer learn the song. It would be a shame if I had to dump them.

Cableguy

ddouglass October 11th, 2007 04:39 PM

Try CDGFix. I have used it and had no problems with it.