MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Track Import Folder Field (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=13882)

Wayne Orlicki September 18th, 2015 08:04 PM

Track Import Folder Field

I'm running Microstudio 4.30 in Windows 7 Professional.

When I want to import an audio track from a CD I first click "Import Tracks" on the menu bar, then in the pop-up dialog window I select "Read Disc" and "Import As: Audio". If I wish to change the destination folder, I click on the "Folders..." button and go through selecting the desired folder and designating that folder as the default. (This seems designed more for a reading operation than for a writing operation.) However, the folder path displayed in the "Folders..." field doesn't change unless I close the pop-up window and reopen it, although the track does import to the newly selected destination folder rather than the one displayed in the "Folders..." field.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Roy Dennis September 19th, 2015 11:03 AM

Re: Track Import Folder Field

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Orlicki (Post 126586)
I'm running Microstudio 4.30 in Windows 7 Professional.

When I want to import an audio track from a CD I first click "Import Tracks" on the menu bar, then in the pop-up dialog window I select "Read Disc" and "Import As: Audio". If I wish to change the destination folder, I click on the "Folders..." button and go through selecting the desired folder and designating that folder as the default. (This seems designed more for a reading operation than for a writing operation.) It does set the reading folder at the same time as well as the writing folder.
However, the folder path displayed in the "Folders..." field doesn't change unless I close the pop-up window and reopen it, although the track does import to the newly selected destination folder rather than the one displayed in the "Folders..." field.
On mine after selecting a folder I click on "Save/Close" button it then pops up another window asking "Do you want to automatically rescan your song folders at this time" I select No, the window closes and the correct selected folder is showing in the folders window.
Am I doing something incorrectly?

The only thing in your statement different is you did not mention the rescan window popup. I don't have to re-open it on mine.
If your not seeing the rescan message perhaps you need to go to Tools/Show hidden messages.

Wayne Orlicki September 19th, 2015 02:04 PM

Aha! I think the "Import CD Tracks" window was covering the "Song Folders" window (with the Save/Close button). :s

It works correctly now. Thanks, Roy!

Roy Dennis September 19th, 2015 03:49 PM

Your Welcome, now that's sorted I'll close this thread.