MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Has anyone heard of MP3+G download guide (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=14272)

tune2at April 9th, 2017 04:33 PM

Has anyone heard of MP3+G download guide

I am new to the forum and to Hoster. This site Link Removed claims to have over 300,000 songs to download for a onetime charge of $67.00. They claim to be host to world wide private collections. with 24/7 access. How can this be.

WaltR April 9th, 2017 04:40 PM

Re: Has anyone heard of MP3+G download guide

Quote:

Originally Posted by tune2at (Post 130523)
I am new to the forum and to Hoster. This site Link Removed By Roy Dennis claims to have over 300,000 songs to download for a onetime charge of $67.00. They claim to be host to world wide private collections. with 24/7 access. How can this be

Sounds like a scam to me! :e

Roy Dennis April 9th, 2017 06:40 PM

It sounds like a file sharing, all they will do for that fee is tell you how to setup your computer to share your files and download other members files.
Playing any of these files in public would be illegal, even playing in your own home would be illegal just that less chance of getting caught.
If we all did that there would be no more new karaoke music ever made.

I removed the link as we don\'t condone these sites on this forum.

tune2at April 9th, 2017 08:21 PM

Thank you for the information. I knew it was to good to be true. I am also glad the link was removed. I can now loose it from my browser. File sharing is a form of theft, right? Are there legit sites that have lower than $2 a song? Where can I subscribe to legit sites? If it\'s not cool to post these on the forum, is PM okay?

Roy Dennis April 9th, 2017 08:45 PM

Depends where your from, the latest Hoster has buy songs built in from Karaoke.net at $1.99 plus a link to http://www.karaoke-version.com/karaoke/ which is a bit dearer at about $2.49 per track.

tune2at April 9th, 2017 09:22 PM

Are there legit song collections for sale?

Lonman April 11th, 2017 05:45 AM

Well looking at the link MTU might want to know that they are using MTU product links on their home page to make them look more legit I guess ie Vogone, Hoster, Home Producer, Microstudio along with a couple competitor product links.

Lonman April 11th, 2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 130529)
plus a link to http://www.karaoke-version.com/karaoke/ which is a bit dearer at about $2.49 per track.

KV are $2.99 per track

tune2at April 13th, 2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 130529)
Depends where your from, the latest Hoster has buy songs built in from Karaoke.net at $1.99 plus a link to http://www.karaoke-version.com/karaoke/ which is a bit dearer at about $2.49 per track.

Okay. Can these be purchased \\\"on the fly\\\" like when people are requesting songs during a gig?

Roy Dennis April 13th, 2017 06:09 PM

Yes, with the karaoke.net one you open an account with them through Hoster which allows you to search for the song, download it and it will auto index into your database all while a song is playing.
The other one Karaoke version, it just takes you to the website where you search and download just as you would if you went direct to the site in your web browser, it does not auto index in the database but downloads to your selected folder where you can manually load it to the playlist via the K-oke button.
You can still do it while at your gig.

tune2at April 15th, 2017 08:52 PM

Thanks for the tip. Does the account bill me after the downloads?

Roy Dennis April 16th, 2017 06:42 AM

You get an emailed receipt straight after the download. I use my debit card which is registered with MTU, plus I tick the box to save card info for next time so I dont have to enter any info while at the gig.

It will only cost the price of a single track to trial it then you will have a better understanding how it works :w

Wrahn January 6th, 2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 130562)
Yes, with the karaoke.net one you open an account with them through Hoster which allows you to search for the song, download it and it will auto index into your database all while a song is playing.
The other one Karaoke version, it just takes you to the website where you search and download just as you would if you went direct to the site in your web browser, it does not auto index in the database but downloads to your selected folder where you can manually load it to the playlist via the K-oke button.
You can still do it while at your gig.

Roy,

What is the K-oke button, it is a new word to me?

Wes

Roy Dennis January 6th, 2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 134824)
Roy,

Wes

The K-oke button is one of three buttons at the top right of the main dialog, K-oke Audio & Video buttons.
These buttons allow you to load none imported tracks of those types to the playlist by browsing to the folder containing that type of file.
K-oke being any type of karaoke file.

Surprised that you have never noticed or tried them before !!

Wrahn January 7th, 2018 06:28 PM

Roy,

As you know I\'m not a Pro, so I don\'t add many songs to what I already have downloaded which was mostly via CD+G.

I like using Karaoke.net, because it is simple to use, and as you indicated, it adds the songs to the database.

Karaoke-Version is another story and with your help and help from Walt, I have managed to get songs it into my database, but each time it is not easy for me.

I have never used the K-oke button for loading songs, but I have used the Audio button to add music to the playlist.

I keep waiting for the help guide, How To Use Hoster, For The Complete Idiot. Without this forum, I would really be in trouble.

Once again, thanks to you for your help and thanks to all the others who have taken the time to help the folks in need of help.

Wes

kod January 8th, 2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 134824)
Roy,

Wes

Wes,

The K-oke button is used for quickly adding songs.

Example: I have at least seven people that bring their own Karaoke songs to my show on USB (Flash) drives. The K-oke button is used to quickly add these songs to the playlist.

Once they are added to the playlist, you can then remove the USB drive and give it back to them. Once they are played, the songs are gone from the playlist and not imported into Hoster!

Wrahn January 8th, 2018 07:49 PM

Thanks, for the information. I remember that songs could be added on the fly, but I have had no reason to use that feature.

But thanks for the reminder, and the thanks for the help that you have given to others.

Wes

Lonman January 8th, 2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kod (Post 134837)
Wes,

The K-oke button is used for quickly adding songs.

Example: I have at least seven people that bring their own Karaoke songs to my show on USB (Flash) drives. The K-oke button is used to quickly add these songs to the playlist.

Once they are added to the playlist, you can then remove the USB drive and give it back to them. Once they are played, the songs are gone from the playlist and not imported into Hoster!

Same here, I encourage those with their own songs to bring them in on flashdrive.

Wrahn January 11th, 2018 11:17 AM

I realize that my post is not related to the Thread Title, but since I asked a question and it was answered on this thread I have stayed on this thread.

Based on the information and past information by people willing to help others, I just used Karaoke-Version to download a song and it was much easier now that I have been educated on the how-to. Thanks to all who have helped me.

As a side note, I believe that Version songs are much more like the originals than Net songs even though Net is $1.00 less.

Thanks again for all your help,

Wes

WaltR January 11th, 2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 134845)
I realize that my post is not related to the Thread Title, but since I asked a question and it was answered on this thread I have stayed on this thread.

Based on the information and past information by people willing to help others, I just used Karaoke-Version to download a song and it was much easier now that I have been educated on the how-to. Thanks to all who have helped me.

As a side note, I believe that Version songs are much more like the originals than Net songs even though Net is $1.00 less.

Thanks again for all your help,

Wes

I agree with your observation. Karaoke Version has come a long way. Also in case you don\'t know, once you set up an account you can always go back to get your downloads. At least that is the way it used to be. I haven\'t ordered from them in a while but I am planning on it soon. Thank you for the comments.:g