MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Duplicate Disc vs Imports Tracks (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8025)

MrDelicious2 October 8th, 2006 12:15 AM

Duplicate Disc vs Imports Tracks

Ok, here is a issue that I've always had since I bought, MTU. Overall, I am very happy with the program...the only issue I can find is the Duplicate Disc option...I can't seem to get a good disc from it. If I import the tracks, then do a custom assembly(write discs now)..the discs copy fine. If I try to use the duplicate discs option...I've never gotten a good disc. I started with 2.612, now I have 2.613 & plextor px-760a. Anyone know why I can't duplicate from disc to disc? Thanks...

ddouglass October 8th, 2006 08:59 PM

When you "Import" the individual tracks, each track is written to a ".bin" file with no compression but using error correction and usually creating a better copy than the original. Many people will import their song files using MicroStudio then import them into Hoster from hard drive.

When you duplicate a disk the entire disk is written to a single "image" file, with no error correction or changes from what is read. If the original has errors (as many Chartbuster and Sound Choice have due to cheap discs) then they are transferred to the copy. This can be even worse if you use cheaper discs not made for music.

MrDelicious2 October 9th, 2006 12:04 AM

Well that sort of makes since, most of the time I would do this anyway. There is a few times when it makes more since for me to just copy disc to disc, but after searching about it, I guess that's not such a good idea. Thanks for the information!

George October 9th, 2006 08:21 AM

There are two things you can do when using IMPORTto copy a disc that will speed the process up to where there won't be all that much difference in time between the IMPORTor DUPLICATING operations.

!- Set up a different folder to import to than what you normally use. When your done you can highlight and delete the files all at once instead finding and deleting individually. Saves time.

2- More important that that, before importing, check the ADD TRACKS TO CUSTOM ASSEMBLY TAB at the bottom of the import page. They will then be grouped together for burning to a disc.

Hope this helps a bit.

MrDelicious2 October 9th, 2006 08:39 AM

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something or doing something wrong. I've never had a issue with media or making bad discs, I just couldn't get the disctodisc to work. Thanks...MrD

Garry A. Leslie October 9th, 2006 06:41 PM

Hey All,
The "add to custom list" command has changed in 2.613 and you now have to add to "write disks list" once there you can still save as before.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry

George October 9th, 2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry A. Leslie
Hey All,
The "add to custom list" command has changed in 2.613 and you now have to add to "write disks list" once there you can still save as before.
Garry

Thanks for the heads up Gary.

Since I'm no longer on the Beta Teams and there have been no meaningful reasons for me to upgrade, I was unaware of that change.

Take care,

George

Garry A. Leslie October 9th, 2006 07:59 PM

Hey George,
The only reason I upgraded was that I bought a Plextor DVD 760A,
which wasn't recognized by the last version.
Garry

MrDelicious2 October 10th, 2006 07:09 AM

"The only reason I upgraded was that I bought a Plextor DVD 760A"

I have to say the exact same thing.....The new version is cleaned up a little bit, but pretty much the same...MrD