MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Vogone Testimonials (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Vogone 3.201 gets A+ (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10378)

Deeter July 28th, 2008 05:07 PM

Vogone 3.201 gets A+

Great software package. I just bought and downloaded the package and within one hour (using khpro) I had built my first "homebrew" karaoke song. Exported it as kma and took it right into Hoster. Thanks for a great product..........

admin September 10th, 2008 07:17 AM

Sounds great here!

Could you elaborate on how Vogone worked for you?

What type of song did you vocal remove; female/male vocalist, center/off-center panned?

Did you adjust the Hi/Lo Filters to keep more music? If so, how did these controls work? Could you tell a difference in the final music quality?

What Vogone version number are you running (Help menu > About Vogone... command will tell you)?

Deeter September 10th, 2008 07:56 AM

I'm using Vogone 3.201. I picked a song that I couldn't find anywhere in the world of karaoke- "Snake Farm" by Ray Wylie Hubbard. Running through the menus was super-easy- the whole process didn't take long at all. The song I purchased from iTunes, burned to a CD, then converted to an MP3. The vocals seemed to be centered, but I still had to adjust the high and low filters quite far out to eliminate the majority of the vocals. I was using a set of Bose QC2 headphones during the adjustment process. The lyrics I placed in a text file and imported in- did have to make the font size pretty small on the lyrics screen to get a whole "line" per line. It took a while to get the "spacebar" technique down, and it was a little difficult to change the timing once the entire song had been run through. The end result muddied the music a slight bit, and you can still hear a small amount of the high-frquency range of the vocals if you listen carefully. All in all, it was a great, inexpensive solution to making a karaoke song that didn't exist!

MikeP November 12th, 2008 05:33 AM

Deeter
Like you, I have used Vogone to make a karaoke version of a number of songs that are unavailable in that format.
Most of these I created with a much earlier version of Vogone and they work so successfully that I have been able to make recordings using the original backing with myself singing lead. You can't do better than having the original backing!!
What's quite amazing is that I have had a lot of success doing this with old recordings from the early sixties.
Vogone has steadily improved over the years and designed to be very user friendly. It would be a great tool for anyone who wants to create a karaoke version of a very recently released song no company has had a chance to copy.