MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into Song (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17153)

DannyGsKaraoke September 30th, 2018 09:46 PM

Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into Song

It would be great if we could have a way to tell our singers what songs we have available to sing including the Party Tyme subscription.

MTUSUPPORT October 2nd, 2018 04:10 PM

Re: Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into

You mean away to export the list to be printed?

Any input you can give us would be great, we are very close to releasing version 6.01.

DannyGsKaraoke October 2nd, 2018 04:46 PM

Re: Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into

A check box on the songbook window that says add subscription to your book that\'s greyed out if not using the subscription. And have it send it to SongbookDB as well.

DannyGsKaraoke October 5th, 2018 02:07 PM

Part of the reason for the request is for newbies just starting out. They get Hoster, sign up for the subscription and poof instant starting library. But as it stands right now no way to print books or use SongbookDB.

MTUSUPPORT October 8th, 2018 03:13 PM

That is true. We will take a look into this, but those files also can not be used in the SongbookDb, as far as we know. Since that relies on them always being there, and if the subscription is not active it could not work.

Lonman October 10th, 2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT (Post 135933)
That is true. We will take a look into this, but those files also can not be used in the SongbookDb, as far as we know. Since that relies on them always being there, and if the subscription is not active it could not work.

If the database could be downloaded manually to a csv file, a user could upload manually to SongbookDB. Granted it wouldn\'t update automatically - they\'d have to repeat the process every so often to get all new releases - but it would give them a starting point.

dclark October 10th, 2018 01:41 PM

It looks like SongbookDB is tied directly to Hoster’s Song Database. Even if SongbookDB could present the PartyTyme songs to the singers, it’s doubtful that those songs could be requested using the SongbookDB mobile app or from a Kiosk. Hoster – along with SongbookDB – probably would need software changes to make this happen (if it’s even possible).

Lonman October 10th, 2018 04:57 PM

Again it could be loaded manually, it may not work with the auto submit turned on (songbookdb would have to be in lookup mode only), but it would definitely give the user song search ability if nothing else.

dclark October 11th, 2018 09:47 AM

True. Then, paper request slips could be submitted.

Lonman October 11th, 2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclark (Post 135979)
True. Then, paper request slips could be submitted.

Or just a vocal request - I even have my messenger via my FB business page set up so people send me request via that as well.

Roy Dennis October 14th, 2018 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I actually did a trial by downloading a csv file to SongbookDB.
The full book can be found in the Hoster data folder in a folder named karaokenet_songs.zip.

I then extracted that to a folder on my desktop and imported it into XL. I then deleted all columns except Title, Artist and disc id.

Now in my test I only used the first 20 songs to import into SongbookDB.

After doing so they can be searched for using SongbookDB and appear in the Request Plugin as shown in first attachment.

I then type the PH21322 id into the buy songs search box and it returned that same song ready for purchase and auto import into Hoster as shown in second attachment.

It seems it would be quite possible to build this into Hoster but in the meantime this is a workaround.

dclark October 15th, 2018 02:27 PM

It sounds like you are thinking Hoster could recognize a DiscID of PHnnnnn (or PYnnnnn), discover that it is not currently in the Song Database, automatically open the Buy Songs window, place that DiscID into the Search field, and virtually press the Search button to display the song that is being requested for immediate purchase. This would require that the KJ has Internet connectivity at the time, of course.

Obviously, if a KJ works solely in venues that do not have Internet connections, this KJ would not want to add the Karaoke.net song list to their SongbookDB request list. There would be no point.

Roy Dennis October 15th, 2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclark (Post 136007)
It sounds like you are thinking Hoster could recognize a DiscID of PHnnnnn (or PYnnnnn), discover that it is not currently in the Song Database, automatically open the Buy Songs window, place that DiscID into the Search field, and virtually press the Search button to display the song that is being requested for immediate purchase. This would require that the KJ has Internet connectivity at the time, of course.

Obviously, if a KJ works solely in venues that do not have Internet connections, this KJ would not want to add the Karaoke.net song list to their SongbookDB request list. There would be no point.

First off, although I posted a workaround to this it’s not something I myself would use. Mainly because I would get loads of requests for songs I have not got, I’d prefer they picked the songs I already have.

The book id recognition works with the karaoke-net purchase a song list but if you wanted to use the PartyTyme streaming service list I don’t believe they incorporate a song id in that list although I believe they are the same songs but only in mp4 format.

So if it was applied to that list you could only search by using Title and Artist fields.

The other thing I have been experimenting with is importing only Titles - Artist that I don’t already have, that means searching out all the matching titles that I already have so that You only upload the ones to SongbookDB that are unique.

That’s not entirely easy as spelling or punctuation may be different making them look like unique songs.

The point about playing a venue without internet. You could always create two different Rigs in SongbookDB one including the extra songs and one without.

Lonman November 2nd, 2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 136012)
First off, although I posted a workaround to this it’s not something I myself would use. Mainly because I would get loads of requests for songs I have not got, I’d prefer they picked the songs I already have.

I don\'t think you\'d get loads of requests you didn\'t have. You might get one here and there, but that would be the entire point of even having the option to begin with since you can buy Party Tyme directly through Hoster. It would show people what is available that you might not already have.

DannyGsKaraoke November 2nd, 2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 136012)

The book id recognition works with the karaoke-net purchase a song list but if you wanted to use the PartyTyme streaming service list I don’t believe they incorporate a song id in that list although I believe they are the same songs but only in mp4 format.

So if it was applied to that list you could only search by using Title and Artist fields.

The other thing I have been experimenting with is importing only Titles - Artist that I don’t already have, that means searching out all the matching titles that I already have so that You only upload the ones to SongbookDB that are unique.

That’s not entirely easy as spelling or punctuation may be different making them look like unique songs.

The point about playing a venue without internet. You could always create two different Rigs in SongbookDB one including the extra songs and one without.

If I don\'t have internet service then if I still want to use remote requests, then I have to use one of my backup players which doesn\'t require internet but I don\'t make that available to the public except for a second laptop in kiosk mode. Otherwise I go back to traditional books and slips. I don\'t mind having to search via artist or title. I only use id\'s for knowing what brand it is on my computer\'s hard drive only.

DannyGsKaraoke November 2nd, 2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclark (Post 136007)

The regular SongbookDB allies you to click on the artist title ares and then paste that into the search box. Wirks perfectly with my other program. And again without internet service the host computer cannot receive remote requests or even turn them on for that matter.

Roy Dennis November 3rd, 2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyGsKaraoke (Post 136060)
The regular SongbookDB allies you to click on the artist title ares and then paste that into the search box. Wirks perfectly with my other program. And again without internet service the host computer cannot receive remote requests or even turn them on for that matter.

That was a bit of a silly statement on my part, obviously without internet the host computer would not work.
What I was thinking at the time was mainly in regard to the streaming service.
On the rare occasions I get a place that does not have internet or very weak signal I use my mobile hotspot tethering to connect both my laptop and kiosk to the internet.
This will easily get me through the night with less than 1gig of data. It would be a different story if it was the streaming service though as I would imagine that would gobble up my data plan in no time.:e
That is why I suggested creating a second gig in SongbookDB so that if you had a venue without good internet connection you could select the gig without those extra songs.

Roy Dennis November 3rd, 2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonman (Post 136057)
I don’t think you’d get loads of requests you didn’t have. You might get one here and there, but that would be the entire point of even having the option to begin with since you can buy Party Tyme directly through Hoster. It would show people what is available that you might not already have.

Yes I understand that, if you could just upload the songs to SongbookDB that you don’t already have that would be fine to me and I would probably use it then, it’s sorting through the karaoke.net list to route out those that you do already have.

If I upload the whole list, currently 24,662 songs almost half of which are duplicate titles in both mp4 and cd+g, whittle that figure down to say 14,000 unique titles. I would expect that I already have 75% of those matching title artist already. Now users searching for their song will see both titles in their search results and there’s a 50% chance they will select the one from karaoke.net. I dare say I could explain before hand that the ones with a PY or PH disc id are only available as a download and to select an alternate version where possible but I think it would fall on deaf ears.
I have 31,586 karaoke tracks in my own library, I have gone to great pains to edit that list down to about half that amount (15,937 tracks) by selecting Hide in songbook option, selecting (In my opinion) the best manufacturer version only to display in both my printed songbook and the SongbookDB list.
Most people I encounter have no clue about different manufacturers that’s why I choose not to display that info. If on rare occasion someone says they did not like the version I play I will offer them an alternative if I have it.

When I first used SongbookDB and listed all versions with their disc id people kept asking me what is the different ids were, they generally had no idea their self about what to choose, that is why I now only display one.

DannyGsKaraoke November 3rd, 2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 136062)
Yes I understand that, if you could just upload the songs to SongbookDB that you don’t already have that would be fine to me and I would probably use it then, it’s sorting through the karaoke.net list to route out those that you do already have.

If I upload the whole list, currently 24,662 songs almost half of which are duplicate titles in both mp4 and cd+g, whittle that figure down to say 14,000 unique titles. I would expect that I already have 75% of those matching title artist already. Now users searching for their song will see both titles in their search results and there’s a 50% chance they will select the one from karaoke.net. I dare say I could explain before hand that the ones with a PY or PH disc id are only available as a download and to select an alternate version where possible but I think it would fall on deaf ears.
I have 31,586 karaoke tracks in my own library, I have gone to great pains to edit that list down to about half that amount (15,937 tracks) by selecting Hide in songbook option, selecting (In my opinion) the best manufacturer version only to display in both my printed songbook and the SongbookDB list.
Most people I encounter have no clue about different manufacturers that’s why I choose not to display that info. If on rare occasion someone says they did not like the version I play I will offer them an alternative if I have it.

When I first used SongbookDB and listed all versions with their disc id people kept asking me what is the different ids were, they generally had no idea their self about what to choose, that is why I now only display one.

I cut the list to just the ph series as the in series was not in the subscription in my spreadsheet program before adding it in.