MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   No song lyrics (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=13630)

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 03:42 AM

No song lyrics

I just upgraded to 530 and I get music when playing from a disc but lyrics. Anyone know why? Thanks Alan

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 04:43 AM

Re: No song lyrics

It sounds like your cd drive can't read the lyrics.
Can you import from disc ?

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 04:37 PM

I just tried it and I import the songs they play just fine

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 05:15 PM

Have you updated Windows including optional updates ?

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 05:44 PM

All my updates are current. If I can perform this upgrade on my laptop I will try it there. When I try to upgrade I always get the message that it is installed on more than 2 computer. I sent MTU a message through the help ticket but haven't heard from them. For some reason I get this message everytime I do an upgrade. I thought this was fixed evidently it hasn't I don't have this problem
I don't have the video problem with 5.2. Thanks Alan

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wb6bna (Post 121240)
I don't have the video problem with 5.2. Thanks Alan

Your confusing me now, when you say you don't have this video problem with 5.20, that version didn't have play direct from disc.
So am I misunderstanding your problem?
I thought you were saying that if you try to play a singers own disc straight from disc you were not seeing the lyrics.
If not can you explain the problem clearer.

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 06:51 PM

I uninstalled Hoster from my PC and installed it on my laptop and it works great. The only problem is now my KJ window has my desktop screen so large that it covers some of the buttons in the program. When I move my mouse around the edges it shows an arrow around the edges but I am unable to resize it. It is hiding my background audio button, auto/manual buttons and book id. Etc, Etc. What now Alan

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 07:27 PM

Try this first: From the Tools menu select Options then click reset displays.

Then From the Tools Menu/Show display click on the preview tab there is now a drop down box on the right hand side, set that to on top when playing.

See how you get on with that.

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:08 PM

I did as you suggested and I get the same results. I took a screenshot but there is no way to add it to this reply. I do run Teamviewer here if you want to connect and see what it is. My 900786906 Thanks Alan

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:11 PM

your earlier post about 5.20, What I mean is that when I add a singers disc it works okay

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:15 PM

Roy, I gave you the wrong id for this computer. The correct one is 913653380

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:17 PM

Hey, I must be dumber than I thought I can't even copy the id correctly is for sure this time 913651380

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 08:19 PM

I was just going to bed but if your ready now I'll give it a try,

let me know when you have it activated and I'll try.

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:23 PM

go aheda

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 08:27 PM

I sent a private message for your password send it to me in a private reply

wb6bna July 3rd, 2014 08:29 PM

my password is xxxxx

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 08:50 PM

Hows that now

Roy Dennis July 3rd, 2014 09:09 PM

Ok, I think your sorted, if not have to continue tomorrow night.

wb6bna July 4th, 2014 12:00 AM

All works well now. I think I found the reason my pc doesn't show lyrics. I am trying to play a kma song which I believe Hoster won't do I also found the same in Microstudio when I choose cdg it shows the tracks but when I try to play them it adds them to the playlist but the screen flashes and the song doesn't work. I am burning acd using bin's and will see what will happen. Thanks again Alan

Roy Dennis July 4th, 2014 05:05 AM

You should not have any trouble playing a KMA that has been imported.
If your referring to a kma straight of a cd disc no it's not meant to play that type. The only type it will play is a CDG+G disc. The type that you get when you purchase a regular karaoke disc.