MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Custom Made Backing Tracks (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11167)

Eric Whitehouse January 3rd, 2009 10:01 AM

Custom Made Backing Tracks

Just wondering if anybody across the pond can recomend anywhere I can purchase good country backing tracks. :?

muzicman144 January 3rd, 2009 04:51 PM

Buy Country Backing Tracks

www.doowop.com
Free shipping in the usa, priced better than most. For internet download, i wouldn't have a clue
muzicman:):):):):)

mindonstrike January 3rd, 2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Whitehouse (Post 87919)
Just wondering if anybody across the pond can recomend anywhere I can purchase good country backing tracks. :?

Ironicly most places I've been able to find that make custom backing tracks are in the UK. The only one I've found in the US was an outfit that claimed to make backing tracks for Hollywood talent shows, but they charged something like $1000. Just a bit outside of my budget.

Everytime I meet someone in a band I inquire about thier interest in recording a track for money, but none of them ever show an interest.

Long before I was interested in making some of my own tracks I saw a couple of classified ads in a music magazine, advertising that they make backing tracks for solo performers,but I don't recall the details.

Hopefully once I get Christmas paid off I'll be back in the search as well, so I'll watch this thread.

Sam

Eric Whitehouse January 4th, 2009 05:48 AM

Custom Made Backing Tracks

Thanks for the prompt reply fellas. I'm not looking for country karaoke tracks, I'm after a studio which will make custom tracks for a reasonable fee. I've got a few arrangements I used to do with my band years ago and it would be nice to have the backing tracks made. A few companys over here sell custom tracks but they are being made on your side of the pond. I just wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction.:)

Roy Dennis January 4th, 2009 10:25 AM

I some times find backing tracks here http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php

They are really for guitar players which is what I use them for but you may find other leads from here.

Lonman January 4th, 2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Whitehouse (Post 87939)
Thanks for the prompt reply fellas. I'm not looking for country karaoke tracks, I'm after a studio which will make custom tracks for a reasonable fee. I've got a few arrangements I used to do with my band years ago and it would be nice to have the backing tracks made. A few companys over here sell custom tracks but they are being made on your side of the pond. I just wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction.:)

If it's your own music then it might be better off either trying to get the band you played with to go into a studio to record or maybe try to do it all yourself with a programmable drum machine & a decent multi track recorder?

muzicman144 January 4th, 2009 06:37 PM

custom tracks

Custom backing tracks have the problem with copyright infringement.
You still have to buy the right to use the music no matter how you get it
recorded when you use it to perform.
muzicman:c:c:c

billyo January 4th, 2009 07:12 PM

Mackie sells Traction 3 a software to make your own tracks

Lonman January 4th, 2009 07:21 PM

Or download Audacity or Krystal - Krystal is actually a little more professional than AUdacity but both can achieve some decent results - and completely free!

Eric Whitehouse January 5th, 2009 05:00 AM

Custom made backing tracks.

Sadly most of my old band members have passed away. All I have got are the arrangements. I have a small Akai DPS16 which I use frequently and I play guitar live, but I thought it would be a nice treat to have tracks made by musos who have the right feel for it. I do prefer the sound of live stringed instruments rather than computer generated sounds. Roy Acuff would be spinning in his grave if he heard computer generated country.:w

mindonstrike January 5th, 2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Whitehouse (Post 87985)
Sadly most of my old band members have passed away. All I have got are the arrangements. I have a small Akai DPS16 which I use frequently and I play guitar live, but I thought it would be a nice treat to have tracks made by musos who have the right feel for it. I do prefer the sound of live stringed instruments rather than computer generated sounds. Roy Acuff would be spinning in his grave if he heard computer generated country.:w

Then of course there is all the pop stuff being labelled as country:?:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cledus T Judd parodying a Barbara Mandrell song
I was country when country wasn't pop.

muzicman144 January 5th, 2009 11:01 PM

Custom made backing tracks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindonstrike (Post 88025)
Then of course there is all the pop stuff being labelled as country:?:

"Murder On Music Row"
So True
muzicman:f:f:f:f

madjim- with the Lord March 12th, 2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzicman144 (Post 87930)
www.doowop.com
Free shipping in the usa, priced better than most. For internet download, i wouldn't have a clue
muzicman:):):):):)

I just placed my fisrt order with Doowop. Good folks, thanks for the tip. :w :c

Jim :g

Lauraine Graham- with the Lord March 31st, 2009 08:45 PM

The best tracks I ever had done have been done by QBT www.qualitybackingtracks.com

The are based in West Sussex, but don't be fooled by that. These guys ROCK and don't charge an armand a leg. That my recommendation anyway.