MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   tech question #infinty..... (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11230)

gators66 January 25th, 2009 11:02 PM

tech question #infinty.....

I'm running Hoster with an Allen and Heath mixer and with the limited knowledge I have, was wondering how complicated it would be for me to record my singers at my venue. What's needed as far as equipment and is it relatively simple for someone as "musically challenged" as myself. Thanks!!!!!

billyo January 26th, 2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gators66 (Post 88677)
I'm running Hoster with an Allen and Heath mixer and with the limited knowledge I have, was wondering how complicated it would be for me to record my singers at my venue. What's needed as far as equipment and is it relatively simple for someone as "musically challenged" as myself. Thanks!!!!!

i'm not sure if that's legal, caused of copy right laws, but i myself at home use a regular cd recorder (TDK) and you have to use a regular audio cd ( music cd, cd-r ) , connected to my mackie board, using the cd/tape in/out connections..

ddouglass January 26th, 2009 12:33 AM

You can record your singers legally if they are singing from their own disc. You cannot record them from your karaoke songs because they don't own them. It is a bit complicated but that is the way the law is written in simplicity.

billyo January 26th, 2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 88680)
You can record your singers legally if they are singing from their own disc. You cannot record them from your karaoke songs because they don't own them. It is a bit complicated but that is the way the law is written in simplicity.

Dale,thanks for the explanation, i've been refusing to record my singers due to what i thought was illegal due to copy right laws, now i understand..that as long as they use their on cd that would be acceptable..thanks..

mindonstrike January 26th, 2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gators66 (Post 88677)

Not familiar with your mixer but somewhere theres probably a utility out or a auxillary out or tape out you can use to send a signal to a recording device.

Sam

Roy Dennis January 26th, 2009 05:49 AM

Try this little freebie:
http://www.audio-tool.net/audio_recorder_for_free.html

I am playing around with it myself right now. I have been recording singers for a couple of years now from line out from my mixing amp into a creative sound blaster card using it's own recording software on my XP system but the software wont load into my new Vista system, the actual sound blaster sound card still works. Anyway I found this little freebie and it works with my sound card only problem I am having at the moment is getting the recording level lower.

gators66 January 26th, 2009 07:32 AM

Thanks for the info, The reason I even thought about recording was the **** Compuhost demo. Their software lets you record the singers and actually use them as filler between songs which I thought was pretty cool. It was probably the only thing I really found that I liked about Compuhost.

ddouglass January 26th, 2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gators66 (Post 88694)
Thanks for the info, The reason I even thought about recording was the **** Compuhost demo. Their software lets you record the singers and actually use them as filler between songs which I thought was pretty cool. It was probably the only thing I really found that I liked about Compuhost.

Recording capability is slated for Hoster as well, that is after they get everything working correctly and stable.