MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Entertainment Contracts? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11658)

WaltR August 24th, 2009 07:02 PM

Entertainment Contracts?

First, I hope I am posting this in the proper place. I was wondering how many of you doing KJ or DJ shows get involved in using contracts? If so, do you require a deposit when signing a contract? Also, if anyone has a sample of a contract that you use, I would appreciate seeing it if you feel it is appropriate.

Thanks,

Walt

billyo August 24th, 2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltR (Post 95277)
First, I hope I am posting this in the proper place. I was wondering how many of you doing KJ or DJ shows get involved in using contracts? If so, do you requirly a deposit when signing a contract? Also, if anyone has a sample of a contract that you use, I would appreciate seeing it if you feel it is appropriate.

Thanks,

Walt

only when i used to do weddings, and yes i used to get a non refundable deposits, and a $75.00 an hr. if i play beyond the contract time, and if you're going to have a contract, make sure you put down " customer is responsible for their guest behaviour " have them sign in blue ink, which you keep and give 'em a copy..karaoke gigs..no i don't have contract,mostly verval ( still a contract by law )..you can get a sample of contracts on the internet..

ddouglass August 24th, 2009 08:33 PM

Walt, I agree with Billy. I would definately have a contract for private parties. I would have in it that the customer is responsible for his guests behavior and any damages to the equipment caused by them. Also have a clause in it for extension of time with the rate for the extension.
A deposit is good to have especially if you don't know the customer personally. A good rate would be 20 to 25% of total. That way if they back out at the last minute you aren't left with an open date and no pay for it.

WaltR August 24th, 2009 10:06 PM

Thanks guys. Any sample contracts?

billyo August 24th, 2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltR (Post 95285)
Thanks guys. Any sample contracts?

you can get most of the contract in the internet, and you can use it as a guide and draw your own contract..

Lonman August 25th, 2009 05:48 AM

Don't use contracts for clubs - too many variables that can void a contract, but definitely use them in private party situations with a 25% non-refundable deposit.
PM me your email. I'll send you mine.

EmilioM September 23rd, 2009 02:18 PM

Contracts

I use contracts for all private parties which includes guest behavior and damage clauses. The deposit I require is 50% of total amount which is nonrefundable if customer cancels. It is refundable for circumstances that are out of our control, ie. acts of God, or if I have an emergency where I cancel, which has never happened. The total amount is for the contracted time, and anything over that is charged at 1/2 hour increments which is also stated on the contract. I normally charge $75.00/ hr. on most local parties and $100 - $125/ hr. for holiday and parties where travel is involved.:)