MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Somehow Converted zip files to zip.kmh (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17343)

mdulle January 27th, 2022 05:34 PM

Somehow Converted zip files to zip.kmh

Not sure how it happened but while trying to import songs into the database the zip files got converted to zip.kmh files. Any idea what happened and how to undo it?

WaltR January 28th, 2022 09:06 AM

Re: Somehow Converted zip files to zip.kmh

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdulle (Post 138250)
Not sure how it happened but while trying to import songs into the database the zip files got converted to zip.kmh files. Any idea what happened and how to undo it?

You must have accidently selected KMH in the import window.:?

Lonman January 28th, 2022 12:05 PM

It didn\'t \'convert\' anything, it just added a separate kmh file to the zip so it can be indexed.

WaltR January 28th, 2022 01:24 PM

I think I misunderstood the post. When you index songs you have the choice of indexing them by KMH or KMA. By choosing KMH it adds a small file to the song you are indexing. If you choose KMA you are going to add a large file which will take up more disk space. In my opinion it is better to choose KMH. When Hoster first was implemented, it only gave you the choice to select KMA. I believe the reason KMA is still offered is to allow those that chose that in the beginning to continue that way if they wanted to. Just remember that a KMA file is pretty much the same size as the original file you are indexing which means you will use twice the disk space and use up your hard drive much sooner. :e

mdulle January 30th, 2022 06:21 PM

Actually, the zip files are no longer available and all I have are the files that were zip files that are now song_name.zip.kmh Can\'t use them as zip files for import nor can they be used as kmh files.. Deleting the kmh extension doesn\'t work either. Looked in the files and all they contain is the file information for the KMH which makes sense. The zip files are gone. Oh well, looks like I will be busy finding all the original zip files wherever they may be.

WaltR January 30th, 2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdulle (Post 138255)
Actually, the zip files are no longer available and all I have are the files that were zip files that are now song_name.zip.kmh Can\\\\\\\'t use them as zip files for import nor can they be used as kmh files.. Deleting the kmh extension doesn\\\\\\\'t work either. Looked in the files and all they contain is the file information for the KMH which makes sense. The zip files are gone. Oh well, looks like I will be busy finding all the original zip files wherever they may be.

That\\\'s strange. Maybe you accidently deleted them. The kmh file is just a reference file for Hoster and isn\\\'t very large. The kmh files are useless without the original files.:e