MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Unavailable (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17113)

nfountai June 5th, 2018 11:08 PM

Unavailable

I have 2 detachable laptops with external hard drives that I set-up the same.

This one is Hoster 5.34.01. Today, Hoster, stopped recognizing this hard drive (unavailable). I can still access the hard drive and all of the files through windows, just NOT with Hoster.

I tried an uninstall, reboot and reinstall reboot.

Now that being said, I swapped external Hard Drive with each laptop and they both work just fine on the opposite laptops.
Can any give some advice as to why this one is unavailable with the one external hard drive? But yet it works with the other laptop?
Thanks

WaltR June 6th, 2018 07:39 AM

Re: Unavailable

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfountai (Post 135363)
I have 2 detachable laptops with external hard drives that I set-up the same.

This one is Hoster 5.34.01. Today, Hoster, stopped recognizing this hard drive (unavailable). I can still access the hard drive and all of the files through windows, just NOT with Hoster.

I tried an uninstall, reboot and reinstall reboot.

Now that being said, I swapped external Hard Drive with each laptop and they both work just fine on the opposite laptops.
Can any give some advice as to why this one is unavailable with the one external hard drive? But yet it works with the other laptop?
Thanks

First, did they ever work as you intended? Are the hard drives identical in terms of your karaoke songs? If you indexed using KMH then check that both drives show the KMH files. At some point did you do a backup/restore so that Hoster is the same on both laptops?

nfountai June 6th, 2018 01:10 PM

I set them up so that I could swap them out. But I never had to until now. I use 2 separate carry bags that are NOT identical, like \"his\" and \"hers\" as that is what sort of call them now.

I set the songs up on the 1st one and make a copy to the other. Than I index the second so that when I look up a song on one it will the same number as on the other.

WaltR June 6th, 2018 01:33 PM

A little confused by your post. If you want the drives be the same so that they will work with Hoster on two different laptops here is what I would have done.

First after you have one hard drive indexed and working with Hoster, copy that drive. After copying the drive your songs will then match the first drive. Next and assuming you have Hoster installed on both laptops, take the first laptop that you know the drives work on and make a backup of Hoster. You do this by clicking on the help tap at the top of Hoster and selecting the backup/restore tab. This will shut down Hoster and you will have an open window. Select backup and also select what you will name this backup and where you are going to store this backup. Preferably on a thumb drive. After the backup completes, take the thumb drive to the second laptop and open Hoster. Again, click on the help tab at the top of Hoster and select backup/restore again. When Hoster shuts down you will again have the open window to start the process as before. Select restore and select the backup file you saved. When the restore is complete, you will have two identical Hoster setups. Having stated this, you must have the same drive letter for both hard drives in order for them to work on both computers. Maybe I should have pointed this out in the beginning. If the drives letters are different you will have to change the drive letters to match. Of course they can\\\\\\\'t match while you are coping one drive to another. If this is the case post again if you need help on changing the drive letters. I my case I have my external drives letters set to E: So in other words as an example, if your drive is lettered E: when hooked to the first laptop, it will have to be E: in the second laptop. Hope this helps.

Roy Dennis June 6th, 2018 04:14 PM

I second what Walt stated that the drive volume letters must match.

nfountai June 6th, 2018 06:52 PM

I never thought to check the drive letters. I will check that out

nfountai June 6th, 2018 07:10 PM

Daada
Thanks again

Roy Dennis December 2nd, 2018 06:15 AM

This thread is now closed.