MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Using Hoster for Video's??? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10910)

oncall October 19th, 2008 11:07 PM

Using Hoster for Video's???

Is anyone actually using the video feature to either play videos between karaoke songs or on breaks. OR is anyone DJ using Hoster to project video's. I would like to do both but curious before i invest any time or money into it.Thanks,Randy S

mindonstrike October 19th, 2008 11:29 PM

I use video's fairly extensively. I use short clips and humerous foreign commercials several times per night. Usually 1 or 2 VCD karaoke tracks and 1 or 2 music video's per night. If I'm DJ'ing with music video's I use Mixmeister.

bobcox- with the Lord October 20th, 2008 02:05 PM

I use a lot of vcd karaoke for singers, and somtimes for fill until i get singers.
i can play them with or without vocals, the people love to see them,
most are original footage,
i use Hoster 3.316 and they play perfect with or without vocals.
we have a couple of hundred of them, great for shows and the singers like them to.

billyo October 20th, 2008 03:15 PM

i have a few collection of vcd's too, and i use to used 3.317 without any problems, i am now using 4.05 without a problem, which is better caused now you can see videos on your main and viewer screens.

oncall October 20th, 2008 05:55 PM

awesome. what application do you use to rip your videos into digital format, and what format specs are you using?
thanks,
Randy S

bobcox- with the Lord October 20th, 2008 09:38 PM

Just copy and past to your hard drive.
i put them in my docs in a folder called my karaoke videos.
they will be dat files, you have to name each one with title and artist.
then use hoster to play them from the video tab.

admin October 21st, 2008 07:41 AM

FACTORY ANNOUNCEMENT... Hoster 4.06 is Released! :g

In the Tools menu > Options command, we added a new control to select our OLD video player (used in 3.321a and prior) and our NEW video player which you may not want to use! :r

OLD VIDEO PLAYER FEATURES:
1. Mux works
2. Key change works
3. Plays all video formats
4. Plays in the Show Display Video VJ View
5. Fully resizes both horizontally and vertically to fill the screen area
6. Can have the Scrolling Marquee and Singers Names Display above/below it
7. DOES NOT appear in the Preview window, only Video VJ
8. Works excellently on XP and Vista (all versions)

NEW VIDEO PLAYER FEATURES:

NOTE: This IS Windows Media Player 11, and on Vista it stinks! We spent over $20,000 to make this sucker work professionally, but it won't! :e :m

1. Mux DOES NOT work
2. Key change DOES NOT work
3. Plays all video formats
4. Plays in the Show Display Video VJ View
5. Resizes only one direction until a screen edge is met (leaves black bars either beside or above/below)
6. Can have the Scrolling Marquee and Singers Names Display above/below it
7. DOES appear in the Preview window
8. Works excellently on XP and marginally on Vista (all versions) :r :f

So, why do we offer both? Some folks want to see the Video in the Hoster Preview Display (small screen at the top left). The only way we can do this is with WMP. But... that is the ONLY advantage of the NEW player. We ship with the OLD player defaulted to appear. :t

We are now back working on Hoster 4.10. Among other advanced features, this will allow importing your Video files (all types) as a new type of KMA file that does not duplicate the video file, and should process video files in about a half-second... very fast! This will allow adding Video files from the Songs Database, printing them (or select not to) in your Song Books, and store the Artist, Title, Genre, Mux, Duet, etc. status Hoster now provides on CDG and Audio files. :c

We also are adding an upgrade that will allow importing VCD and DVD disc song tracks DIRECTLY into Hoster's Songs Database using the Import CD Tracks screen. :c :c

We may be able to also import SCDG disc tracks directly also, and index them in the Songs Database.

bob schroyer October 21st, 2008 08:33 AM

Old Player

Downloaded 4.06
When using the old player for videos the video shows in the show screen while it is on the computer screen but when I put it on my show screen it is blank. Using the new player it plays both in the preview and show screens. All other features seem to be working properly.

I want to be able to use the old player so videos do not play in preview(takes too much resourses). Any suggestions?

Using:
XP
All updates
Recomended settings
Everything else turned off
2g ram
Lots of hard drive space
512 video card

madjim- with the Lord October 21st, 2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob schroyer (Post 84351)
Downloaded 4.06
When using the old player for videos the video shows in the show screen while it is on the computer screen but when I put it on my show screen it is blank. Using the new player it plays both in the preview and show screens. All other features seem to be working properly.

I want to be able to use the old player so videos do not play in preview(takes too much resourses). Any suggestions?

Bob,
Is the new player giving any problems? It's the one I use. :w

When I select the old player, Hoster closes and I reopen it. My show display is already on my TV. If you do not see your show display when the playlist is stopped, go to Tool> Show Display> Intermission and check the box that says "Always On".

When I run a video using the old player, the video plays on my TV but not on my preview screen (on the computer).

Is this how it's working for you?

What type of video are you running?

Jim :g

bob schroyer October 21st, 2008 10:25 AM

Jim

The new player is working fine but it uses an average of 60 to 70% of my CPU. When I tried 4.05 in the past videos were using about 85% and was causing my computer to crash. I went back to 4.03 and videos would only use about 15%. The old player in 4.06 only uses about 8 or 10%.

The old player works the way it should(no video in preview screen and video showing on show screen) as long as I have the show screen on my computer screen. But when I move it to my show screen nothing but black. My intermission screen shows on my show screen and lyrics show on show screen, but not videos. I'm still playing around with so I'll let you know if I find a solution.

This are music videos I use during breaks.

madjim- with the Lord October 21st, 2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob schroyer (Post 84353)
But when I move it to my show screen nothing but black.

Bob,
This is what I don't understand. Are you calling your TV the "show screen"?

With the Always On box checked I can move the Show Display to my TV, run a video and it plays on the TV.

Are you saying nothing plays on the Show Display when it's on your TV and you run a video using the old player?

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

bob schroyer October 21st, 2008 10:45 AM

Jim

Found the problem. WMV files arn't working proberly( as I discribed before) but mpeg videos are playing as they should.

And yes I was referring to my TV as my show screen.

madjim- with the Lord October 21st, 2008 10:46 AM

10-4

I only have a few videos and they are WMV. They work fine in the old player. Why were your WMV's not working?

What version of WMP are you using?

bob schroyer October 21st, 2008 11:32 AM

I use wmp11. My wmv files are files that I have edited thru Windows Movie Maker. Maybe that has something to do with it.

bob schroyer October 21st, 2008 03:13 PM

Converted my wmv files to avi files. Everything now working great.

madjim- with the Lord October 21st, 2008 03:26 PM

:g :g :g :c :c :c

My MWV's were not edited in Windows Movie Maker. You may have located the culprit Bob.

ddouglass October 21st, 2008 03:58 PM

Mine were edited or created with Move Maker that I use for Instabuttons, so there goes that theory.:g

madjim- with the Lord October 21st, 2008 04:25 PM

Hmmmmmm......

mindonstrike October 21st, 2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 84375)
Mine were edited or created with Move Maker that I use for Instabuttons, so there goes that theory.:g

Many of mine were created/converted or edited in Movie Maker as well and work fine.
Could be the settings that MM uses to create the video. Most of mine are recorded for playing on a PC at 768 kbs and 30fps.
It could be a problem with your codec as well.

Sam

admin October 21st, 2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob schroyer (Post 84351)
Downloaded 4.06

Using:
XP
All updates
Recomended settings
Everything else turned off
2g ram
Lots of hard drive space
512 video card

I've forwarded this to engineering for review. The WMV should work. We'd like to know why, on your system, it doesn't. :?

As you can see, others using Movie Maker to create their WMV files are running fine.