MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Convert DVD to CDG (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10898)

Maverick65 October 15th, 2008 10:50 PM

Convert DVD to CDG

I have a Priddis Christmas karaoke DVD. The CDG version of this disc is no longer available. I was wondering if I could convert this DVD to CDG. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Maverick65

ddouglass October 16th, 2008 12:38 AM

Is this a SCDG? If so then you have a few choices. There are a couple programs out that you can use to convert SCDG to several different formats. Do an internet search for SCDG conversion. (We are not supposed to mention other companies programs in MTU's forum.)

marklwood October 16th, 2008 02:10 AM

Is this the Carols of Christmas that came with the Priddis Morph Mic? If so, it will have to be treated like a regular DVD. Ripped to a video file and then you can play it through the video in Hoster. Search the internet for DVD ripping tools and read Hoster manual for how to play it.

I don't personally use videos but I did buy that Morph system from Priddis for my mother-in-law.

Maverick65 October 16th, 2008 12:06 PM

Convert DVD to CDG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick65 (Post 84036)
I have a Priddis Christmas karaoke DVD. The CDG version of this disc is no longer available. I was wondering if I could convert this DVD to CDG. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Maverick65

This disc is not an SCDG, it is a regular DVD with IFO and VOB files. Just like the ones we buy and rent with movies on them. I can rip the files to my computer and play them on my computer, but I can't find a way to get them into my Microstudio program so I can copy them as a CDG or BIN file. I searched the web and found many sites that convert CDG to DVD but not the reverse.
Failing to accomplish this, does anyone know where I can buy the Priddis disc 9073 ( Holy Christmas Night )
Thanks Maverick

jahern October 16th, 2008 12:21 PM

Ripping Tracks (chapters) as Separate Files

I've never seen video to cdg. I don't think that it exists, or ever will exist-but I'm not a technician with real knowledge on that question. I don't think it can be done.

I have some DVD Karaoke. Some programs that play cdg formats will also play video formats. What I need is the know-how to rip the songs as separate video files My DVD Karaoke is just organized as big vob files. Maybe I should use the word "chapters" not tracks, as I am not interested in just audio.

marklwood October 16th, 2008 12:44 PM

You will have to use a video editor to separate the chapters. Then save each "song" as a separate file.

ddouglass October 16th, 2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick65 (Post 84065)
This disc is not an SCDG, it is a regular DVD with IFO and VOB files. Just like the ones we buy and rent with movies on them. I can rip the files to my computer and play them on my computer, but I can't find a way to get them into my Microstudio program so I can copy them as a CDG or BIN file. I searched the web and found many sites that convert CDG to DVD but not the reverse.
Failing to accomplish this, does anyone know where I can buy the Priddis disc 9073 ( Holy Christmas Night )
Thanks Maverick

You cannot convert those to CDG (BIN) files and Microstudio will not play video type karaoke. Video Hoster is the only program MTU has that can play them but not directly from the DVD.