MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Can't Perform Upgrade (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11473)

klanctot May 14th, 2009 02:25 AM

Can't Perform Upgrade

(Posted 3 days ago as trouble ticket, no reads or responses)

I am currently on Hoster 3.321. It works correctly. I purchased and downloaded the hoster 4.08 update. I have tried several times to install this update, carefully copying the update key from the bottom of the registration page. I also re-downloaded the hoster408setup.exe in case it was corrupt. When I do the submit to MTU step, it comes back with 'You entered an upgrade registration code in the original registration code field" ???????? I then tried using the registration code under 'show registration code' on the 3.321 version, and got 'This registration code is for a different product....." What does it want, and where do I find it??????

madjim- with the Lord May 14th, 2009 03:20 AM

Hey Klanctot,
Dale is better at this than me but I'll give it a shot.

Since you are seeing the "You entered an upgrade registration code in the original registration code field" I would guess that you are unistalling 3.321 before you upgrade.

Make sure 3.321 on your machine and try to install 4.08. If you purchased the upgrade (which the error message says you did :w) it should install.

I hope this helps.

Jim :g

Lonman May 14th, 2009 05:32 AM

Or you simply grabbed the 3.xx registration code instead of the 4.xx code by mistake. Login to your store account
https://www.mtu.com/catalog/login.php and make sure you grab the 4.xx code.

madjim- with the Lord May 14th, 2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klanctot (Post 92534)

I am currently on Hoster 3.321. It works correctly. I purchased and downloaded the hoster 4.08 update. I have tried several times to install this update, carefully copying the update key from the bottom of the registration page. I also re-downloaded the hoster408setup.exe in case it was corrupt. When I do the submit to MTU step, it comes back with 'You entered an upgrade registration code in the original registration code field" ???????? I then tried using the registration code under 'show registration code' on the 3.321 version, and got 'This registration code is for a different product....." What does it want, and where do I find it??????

Lonnie,
Both codes were tired. They tried the 3.321 code because the 4.08 code didn't work for them.

With 3.321 installed first the upgrade code will work.

ddouglass May 14th, 2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klanctot (Post 92534)

In case you aren't understanding what they are saying. Leave 3.321 installed. When you open the setup you have two choices "Remove" and "Upgrade". Choose Upgrade. On the page for the Registration Code enter the code from the 4.08 upgrade purchase page. Complete the install.

klanctot May 14th, 2009 08:22 PM

What happened?

It worked this time, with the same code, but NOTHING DIFFERENT WAS DONE! If one of the support team 'reset' my password, etc. I would appreciate knowing about it, as I did nothing different on this upgrade, than on the previous TEN!. I know which code to use, confirmed both from the order form and the email, and I did pick upgrade each time.

Thank you all for your help, but would appreciate it if the Admins would tell me what they changed, if anything?

ddouglass May 14th, 2009 09:00 PM

If you didn't submit a ticket and they didn't post anything here then they didn't change anything.
For one there is no "password" just your email address for you registered for your account and the registration code for each product.

madjim- with the Lord May 15th, 2009 04:05 AM

Klanctot,
Did you restart your computer before the upgrade worked? The "not upgrading" issue may have been a Windows thing. I always restart my computer before I do any upgrade on any program including non-MTU programs.

Computers, go figure! :r

klanctot May 15th, 2009 10:03 AM

Frustration

I did submit a ticket, which STILL has not been viewed after 5 days, BTW. Also, I meant to say registration code, not password. Finally, I did reboot between each attempt, and all of the service packs, patches, etc. were current, and had not changed for the duration of the problem and its ultimate clearing.

In any case, thanks for the online help. Just wish I knew what changed between then and now. The registration system seems to be very fussy.

MTUSUPPORT May 21st, 2009 04:27 PM

This was a bug on the website. Please Submit a ticket that is under the Emergency when you have a problem such as this.

It took the programmer about 4 days to find this problem and fix it. Ended up that a file was ovewritten when they were doing some upgrades to the website.