MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   KPro Studio and KHPro Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   KHP stopped working - Problem was HW Accelerator was reset to MAX (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10122)

EdS June 3rd, 2008 06:35 PM

KHP stopped working - Problem was HW Accelerator was reset to MAX

KHP has stopped working at the "Place Lyrics" screen. It allows loading of .txt file and musical backing track, as if things are working normally.

It was working perfectly (I am using Windows VISTA) but now it freezes when I tap the space bar to begin placing Lyrics. I have re-installed BOTH KHP 4.107 and MicroStudio 4.006, several times. Still the same problem. PLEASE help. Thanks, Ed.

ddouglass June 3rd, 2008 06:46 PM

Check the Custom Updates on Microsoft web Page and see if there is anything you are missing.
The question is what has changed between when it was working and now? Any new programs, plugins, addins, etc. installed? What updates have been done? Any hardware changes?
As a last resort you could try to restore back to a time when it was working. This may or may not work but could be worth a shot.

EdS June 3rd, 2008 08:26 PM

All Windows updates are installed. I better describe this problem a little better.

The real problem is that the audio does not play while attempting to place lyrics. The space bar DOES advance the text and sweeps the color. When I pres the END key to save the project, the FREEZE immediately ensues.

Believe this? The software works OCCASIONALLY. Yes; I made one track yesterday; and I made one today, just recently. However, the program is back to "not working at this time." Countless re-starts, uninstall other software, etc. I would say it works two times in fifty.

EdS June 3rd, 2008 08:30 PM

<<< Any new programs, >>> Audacity; but I have removed it and re-booted.
<<< plugins, addins, etc. installed? >>> Not to my knowlege
<<< What updates have been done? >>> All
<<< Any hardware changes? >>> No
<<< As a last resort you could try to restore back to a time when it was working. This may or may not work but could be worth a shot. >>> How do you do this?

ddouglass June 3rd, 2008 11:23 PM

I can't help you there as I don't have Vista. Someone else will have to walk you through it.

EdS July 3rd, 2008 05:58 PM

Problem solved. The audio hardware acceleration had somehow gotten set to: MAX. I moved the slider to the left two notches, and ... voila !!! The thing that puzzles me is what happened to cause this. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

RandyMcCharles July 4th, 2008 01:08 PM

I have noticed that a recent Microsoft patch (for XP) has reverted some settings back to default. i.e. My CD auto-run was turn back on. After seeing this post I'll check if the acceleration is cranked up as well.

admin September 9th, 2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdS (Post 76510)
Problem solved. The audio hardware acceleration had somehow gotten set to: MAX. I moved the slider to the left two notches, and ... voila !!! The thing that puzzles me is what happened to cause this. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Beats the heck out of us too!

Thanks for posting your "find". Usually, MTU is left as the bad guy when any problem on the computer happens. :r :)