MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   KPro Studio and KHPro Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Version 5.00 Duets (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12260)

jahern September 4th, 2010 02:58 PM

Version 5.00 Duets

I've been out of it for quite a while, had different machines, used different software, etc. but had a hankering to install KHPRO on my newest computer. (no other computers have it running) I'm running into the usual "Computers Running" installation problems but while I'm waiting for my ticket I took a look and see that Version 5.00 is out there

1. Will this version allow the creation of duets where singers sing different lyrics, not in the same rhythm Like Frere Jacques ?(The description says "different lyrics-at the same time" I'm not sure what that means-does it mean that the words have to be said syllable for syllable, or was it just advertising showing that all combinations are now possible?

2. Can I just Pay the "Upgrade" fee and get this version even though my 4.107 has been inactive for over a year?

3. Is all this a moot point if I have Windows 7? Do I have to get the upgrade, or buy the new version?

ddouglass September 4th, 2010 03:31 PM

Re: Version 5.00 Duets

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahern (Post 102611)
I've been out of it for quite a while, had different machines, used different software, etc. but had a hankering to install KHPRO on my newest computer. (no other computers have it running) I'm running into the usual "Computers Running" installation problems but while I'm waiting for my ticket I took a look and see that Version 5.00 is out there

1. Will this version allow the creation of duets where singers sing different lyrics, not in the same rhythm Like Frere Jacques ?(The description says "different lyrics-at the same time" I'm not sure what that means-does it mean that the words have to be said syllable for syllable, or was it just advertising showing that all combinations are now possible?

2. Can I just Pay the "Upgrade" fee and get this version even though my 4.107 has been inactive for over a year?

3. Is all this a moot point if I have Windows 7? Do I have to get the upgrade, or buy the new version?

1. Yes it allows for all types. It may be pretty difficult to get the timing down for a song like that, but it can be done.

2. Yes all you need to buy is the Upgrade.

3. Windows 7 is not a problem.

jahern September 5th, 2010 10:40 PM

Thank you for the response. I will see about using the demo, and see if I will get the upgrade.

:)

alanross September 26th, 2010 02:06 PM

Jahern,
Just to follow-up...
Have you tried the demo or purchased the upgrade? If so, what do you think?

jahern September 26th, 2010 08:51 PM

Since my first questions, I was able to install my old version (4.107) The bulk of any work I need to do is adequately handled by this program.

However I did take about 20 minutes to see what I could do with the demo on a duet like Frere Jacques

I read how to link to simultaneous lines and tried that. I kind of understand the possibilities.

When I tried to play the screen after tapping the lines, the program shut down. That kind of sucked; was that a demo limitation?

I will probably get the new upgrade as soon as I am confident about what I can do. Thanks for the reminder; I will probably try again this week.:)

alanross September 26th, 2010 11:38 PM

Thanks for your response. I've been trying to be more helpful where I can be in the forums. I don't normally have a lot of time, but today I had some, so I used it.

MikeP September 27th, 2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahern (Post 103169)
Since my first questions, I was able to install my old version (4.107) The bulk of any work I need to do is adequately handled by this program.

However I did take about 20 minutes to see what I could do with the demo on a duet like Frere Jacques

I read how to link to simultaneous lines and tried that. I kind of understand the possibilities.

When I tried to play the screen after tapping the lines, the program shut down. That kind of sucked; was that a demo limitation?

I will probably get the new upgrade as soon as I am confident about what I can do. Thanks for the reminder; I will probably try again this week.:)

I have used this prog since its inception & like you, found I could do whatever I needed to do with the earlier versions.
Over time the program has progressively added features which exceeded my expectations.
This latest version is truly amazing! I can produce duets in any imaginable format - as well as vocal and chord accompaniment versions. Very cool :w

Having said that, I did find I needed to put some effort into learning how to use the new features to ensure that all lyrics/chords were synchronized correctly. If you decide to upgrade to this new version, I think it would be a good idea to choose a short, relatively simple song as your first project and be prepared to rework it - possibly several times - until you understand how to use the new controls to achieve your aim.

Best wishes
MikeP

orzelw January 5th, 2011 01:52 PM

When you're feeling competent with KHPro 5, even a little cocky, try the "Kind of a Drag" (Buckinghams) challenge. Assign the lead vocal to one singer and the backup vocals to the other singer and see what happens. Let us know when you have a solution.