MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Keyrite 2 Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Time Slider Doesn't Finish (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10793)

orzelw September 26th, 2008 04:04 AM

Time Slider Doesn't Finish

I just upgraded to version 2.1.0 and got around to using it. When I'm previewing the song, the slider stops either at the end or within a few seconds of the end and the time counter starts flickering. The red Stop Preview button remains highlighted. The track doesn't end by itself, and I have to click the Stop Preview button manually. Then, when I'm writing the output file to the hard drive, the slider gets to or near the end and stops, the time counter starts flickering, and the scroll bar in the progress window starts over from the beginning. This becomes an endless loop, with the scroll bar repeating its progress over and over until I click the Cancel button. So far, at least, I haven't noticed any problem in burning these tracks to a CD or any problem in playing the disc. It's just in the operation of the program. I hadn't experienced this problem with earlier versions of Keyrite.

EclecticProf September 27th, 2008 11:37 PM

Time Slider Doesn't Finish

Exactly the same behavior as far as the screen is concerned (endless loop at the very end). I'm new to Karaoke softare/MTU/Keywrite. Started with Keywrite 2.10 (No prior experience). I have an extra problem: I can't read my newly written CD on my PC or on a Karaoke. Doesn't recognize there is a CD in the drive on my PC; endless load on my Karaoke. That may be a separate problem with my CD writer.

bernie November 20th, 2008 06:55 PM

Something broke 2.10

My upgrade to ver 2.10 also exhibits the symptoms described above by orzelw. Preview play of a 3:00 bin file, for example, hangs at 2:53 with the progress clock constantly flashing. Attempting to save the file results in a similar behavior. When the clock reaches 2:53 the clock flashes continuously and the progress bar just continues to loop.

That behavior is for bin files. If I use keyrite with an mp3+g file there is no problem.

Another observation that may (or may not) be pertinent to diagnosing the problem is the point during playback where the hang occurs. In the 3:00 example I cited, the hang always occurs at 2:53 if I don't touch the location slider, i.e., allow the file to play all the way thru. If, however, during preview play I move the location slider forward towards the end of the song, the hang moves to 2:58 or 2:58.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

MTUSUPPORT November 26th, 2008 04:07 PM

I have tested this and found there is a bug in the Software.

Here are the files that I have tested, these files were all created from a .bin file that was made with Microstudio. The .bin file was then taken into Songverter and converted to each of the below formats. Then I took these files and played them in Keyrite one by one to see which one did and did not work.

Audio
.mp3 File Works FINE
.wma File Works FINE
.wav File Works Fine

Karaoke
.bin File Causes this problem

.kma Works Fine
.mp3+G Works Fine
.zip file with mp3+G Inside Works Fine

We will be looking into this bug, and working on it.

bernie November 26th, 2008 08:24 PM

Thanks, Bryan.

It's good to know the problem isn't something we've been doing wrong.

JJMonz@aol.com November 27th, 2008 11:06 AM

Johnny

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT (Post 86295)
I have tested this and found there is a bug in the Software.

Here are the files that I have tested, these files were all created from a .bin file that was made with Microstudio. The .bin file was then taken into Songverter and converted to each of the below formats. Then I took these files and played them in Keyrite one by one to see which one did and did not work.

Audio
.mp3 File Works FINE
.wma File Works FINE
.wav File Works Fine

Karaoke
.bin File Causes this problem

.kma Works Fine
.mp3+G Works Fine
.zip file with mp3+G Inside Works Fine

We will be looking into this bug, and working on it.

While this "bug" is being eliminated, is it possible that I get the older version of Keyrite re-installed on my computer? Thanks.

JJMonz@aol.com December 1st, 2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtusupport (Post 86295)
i Have Tested This And Found There Is A Bug In The Software.

Here Are The Files That I Have Tested, These Files Were All Created From A .bin File That Was Made With Microstudio. The .bin File Was Then Taken Into Songverter And Converted To Each Of The Below Formats. Then I Took These Files And Played Them In Keyrite One By One To See Which One Did And Did Not Work.

audio
.mp3 File Works Fine
.wma File Works Fine
.wav File Works Fine

karaoke
.bin File causes This Problem

.kma Works Fine
.mp3+g Works Fine
.zip File With Mp3+g Inside Works Fine

We Will Be Looking Into This Bug, And Working On It.

What's The Latest On Fixing This "bug"?

JJMonz@aol.com December 1st, 2008 10:16 PM

What's The Latest On Fixing This "bug"?

MTUSUPPORT December 9th, 2008 10:23 AM

It is scheduled to be worked on, but right now they are in deep developement on Hoster and Microstudio.

Other than this, I am not sure, but I do know that it is scheduled to be fixed.

JJMonz@aol.com December 9th, 2008 10:38 AM

I appreciate your response. If I don't hear from you in about a month, I'll send another "thread" to you to ask if there's been any progress on this. Thanks.

ddouglass December 9th, 2008 04:14 PM

You better wait a couple months. The work on Hoster and Microstudio is major work and will take a while.

JJMonz@aol.com December 9th, 2008 06:31 PM

Oh well. Thanks for the response. Incidentally, does this glitch affect the new file (that is, the song in the changed key)?

orzelw December 11th, 2008 10:58 AM

The only "problem" with this glitch that I've noticed is that the user must stop the "writing to file" process manually after the progress slider reaches the end. The new file is the same as you would get without the bug. I've converted several tracks this way and have had no problem using them.

JJMonz@aol.com December 11th, 2008 09:33 PM

Thanks, I do appreciate the information.

MTUSUPPORT January 16th, 2009 11:50 AM

This was fixed in Keryrite 2.11 as of Yesterday. http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/keyrite.htm