MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   do i need disc to run a show (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10579)

downriggers August 26th, 2008 01:57 PM

do i need disc to run a show

i have the hoster laptop i just bought and speakers moniter ammp and reciever and mics do i need disc can i get the songs from online and if so how do i do that

madjim- with the Lord August 26th, 2008 02:13 PM

You can buy karaoke discs all over the web. Just go to a search engine and tyre in "karaoke discs". Sometimes you can find a good deal on a set of disc from Ebay.

DOWNLOADING KARAOKE: Keep in mind, if you are not paying at least $1 per song (new) then it is very very illegal and immoral. There are no downloads that are legal in the USA, yet. Now that MP3's are legal to buy in the USA over the web, I feel confident that karaoke tracks will follow, but not right now. :w

There is a ton of great advice from very seasoned karaoke hosts on the MTU board. Be sure to take the time to read their advice, :c

Have Fun!

Jim :g

ddouglass August 26th, 2008 02:13 PM

You need discs. The majority of online sites where you can download from are not legal and do not have license from the producers to provide the song files they do.

KaraokeDj38030 September 12th, 2008 08:08 AM

Disc

You can get disc everyday off of Ebay, Kj's getting out of the business selling off thier equipment and music only with Ebay most of the time you get what you pay for If a disc is scratched there is nothing you can do about it. I like to use karaokeware house, Chartbuster, and sound chioce I have over 1000 disc in my collection and I am still buying. I know of Kj's around here (and this is Crazy DON'T DO THIS) that have gotten the Hoster Program and sold off thier disc. BIG MISTAKE, for one thing you have to have a disc for every song you have on your program, how do you prove you have said disc if you sell them off, two what if your system crashes GOD FORBID and your back up system is unstable you would have nothing to fall back on lost venue= lost income. I have never downloaded any karaoke off line, would not suggest this to anyone. :w

hwheeler43 September 12th, 2008 09:38 AM

:) Everyone has given you great advice. There is a site www.doowop.com that has free shipping on every disk you order. I have been using them for years. They just had a fire at there warehouse and are behind a little right now. I don't hold that against them though. They are very prompt at getting orders out and I have never had a problem with ordering from them.

goonie227 September 22nd, 2008 09:31 PM

doowop

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwheeler43 (Post 81634)
:) Everyone has given you great advice. There is a site www.doowop.com that has free shipping on every disk you order. I have been using them for years. They just had a fire at there warehouse and are behind a little right now. I don't hold that against them though. They are very prompt at getting orders out and I have never had a problem with ordering from them.

Amen doowop is great I buy alot from them but ebay is also good for sets
Dick