MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   KPro Studio and KHPro Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   KHPro v 4.11 (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11903)

is14fun January 18th, 2010 10:04 AM

KHPro v 4.11

I seem to have a small problem when I go to adjust lyrics screen. I click on "Audition Play (SB) which should play the entire song but it does not. I only plays the underscored lyrics and stops. That is what the "Adjust Play (N) button is supposed to do. That button works fine, it plays the underscored lyrics and repeats. My understanding is that the Audition Play button plays the entire song with "no" underscoring involved.

Im I doing something wrong here?

I am using a HP Pavilian dv7 with Windows 7. I have plenty of memory both ram and HD.

ddouglass January 18th, 2010 03:03 PM

You are trying to do this from the Adjust Lyrics Screen and you need to change to the Play Screen to get the full song. Even in that screen you can go back from there and adjust or edit the lyrics if needed.

George January 20th, 2010 02:19 PM

The AUDITION PLAY(SB) SCREEN should play the entire song.

That's what it's for....to enable you to spot any glitches as you play the entire song. Otherwise it would serve no purpose.

You shouldn't have to go back and forth between the play and adjust screens to do that.

I believe I'd try a full uninstall, and reinstall the program. Something may have glitched in the install.

is14fun January 21st, 2010 12:23 PM

Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no help. I even tried downloading a new install file with the same results. It still just plays the underlined portion and stops. It does not continue to play the whole song. If I hit play screen tab it works fine. Only when I use the adjust screen lyrics tab do the problem exist. Need some help please.

ddouglass January 21st, 2010 12:28 PM

This is the way it is supposed to be. If you want play through the whole song then go to the play screen tab.

is14fun January 21st, 2010 01:01 PM

OK Doug, but just tell me what the SB tab is for. I know in the past I was able to make adjustments and hit the SB tab to see how these adjustments worked but now the SB tab does exactly what the N tab does. Why two tabs????

George January 21st, 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 98594)
This is the way it is supposed to be. If you want play through the whole song then go to the play screen tab.

Sure is strange mine works like it should. I don't have to run back and forth to the play screen to check out the results of my sweeping, and I've done several hundred songs with it. Currently using version 4103.

ddouglass January 21st, 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by is14fun (Post 98595)
OK Doug, but just tell me what the SB tab is for. I know in the past I was able to make adjustments and hit the SB tab to see how these adjustments worked but now the SB tab does exactly what the N tab does. Why two tabs????

THe Audition Play (SB) will play through the entire song if no word has been selected. If a word has been selected then it will play from that point on.
The Stop (N) does exactly that and stops at the end of the highlighted word.
Have you read the manual on this section? It could help you understand.

is14fun January 21st, 2010 01:58 PM

OK, I'm not be snotty but my program is not working right, that's why I am posting. When I open a project and go to the adjust lyrics screen either the first line of song is underlined or if I click on another line that line or work is underscored. However, there is always some portion of the song that is underlined. I can't clear that away so when I hit the SB button, it plays the underlined portion and stops. So I guess the problem is how do I clear out the underline. I tried clicking on a blank part of window and that cleared out the underline but then the SB button would not work.

George January 21st, 2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 98597)
THe Audition Play (SB) will play through the entire song if no word has been selected. If a word has been selected then it will play from that point on.
The Stop (N) does exactly that and stops at the end of the highlighted word.

Right, and anytime you want to go back and start from beginning again, simply underline the first word, and start playing, or restart playing from any point in the song, for that matter.

All that aside, other than corrupted download or installation, I wish I had anything else to offer.

Doug, is it possible something may have messed up a DirectX file and caused this kinda glitch?

mturacebannon February 15th, 2010 10:00 PM

Has this issue been solved? It sounds like 1 of the 2 problems I am encountering. Ver 4.103 KHPro did not have this problem of stopping at the end of the screen but continued playing through to the next screen (and the next, etc), just like George said.

I updated my DirectX to 9.0c but it made no difference. Do I need to reboot after installing DirectX?

is14fun February 16th, 2010 10:51 AM

I still have the same problem and as far as I know, no resolution has been offered.

George February 16th, 2010 11:19 AM

I've flagged this thread to ADMIN for you guys. Sorry I couldn't be of help, but it's a new problem to me.

ddouglass February 16th, 2010 11:31 AM

I don't have the answer either. I would suggest you each submit a Support Email Ticket from the main web page/support section. This way they have a written record of it.

klwally February 28th, 2010 08:27 PM

Re: KHPro v 4.11

The same thing is suddenly happening to me.
The one button would play the song all the way through to look for errors, while the other just did a phrase. Now they both do just a phrase. Rather irritating actually.

Mine worked fine on my old computer (XP) then I got a new computer and reinstalled on Windows 7 and this has happened. (hoster working fine)

(also when I try to change the color of text on the title screen the entire program encounters an error and shuts down).

Not sure if its something with windows 7 or not.

klwally February 28th, 2010 08:49 PM

Update, I uninstalled 4.11 reinstalled prior version and everything works peachy so far. No freezing, SB button working as should.

jimbo March 15th, 2010 10:49 AM

In the adjust lyrics screen there is a button that says "Define Area to Play". Click on that and make sure set the 'play before' and the 'play after' numbers. If you set the 'play after' button low (like 2), it will stop playing after 2 words. I have mine set for 999 so that it will play the whole song.

admin March 15th, 2010 02:45 PM

We are doing an upgrade to 4.11 to be 4.20.

The SB not playing all the way through a song as it should is be is being addressed. We'll compare v4.103 to 4.11 to help track the problem down.

admin March 15th, 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 99848)
In the adjust lyrics screen there is a button that says "Define Area to Play". Click on that and make sure set the 'play before' and the 'play after' numbers. If you set the 'play after' button low (like 2), it will stop playing after 2 words. I have mine set for 999 so that it will play the whole song.

Read section "Steps to Adjust Highlighting" to see how Audition play should work. :w

George March 15th, 2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 99854)
We are doing an upgrade to 4.11 to be 4.20.

I'd sure like to Beta that...Got my footprints all over KHP.