MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Creating A Playlist With All Songs (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17134)

Wrahn August 26th, 2018 08:57 PM

Creating A Playlist With All Songs

Sometime ago I created a playlist which contained all my Hoster songs. From time to time, I would open the playlist and play a new song or two. Since I\'m not a Pro I only have about 3,000 songs, so it was not a big deal.

However, some how the list changed and I only have the songs that are from \"S\" to \"Y\". I can\'t remember how I was able to create the playlist and I didn\'t write it down. It\'s a pain getting old.

So, how do I created ta playlist for the entire collection, without loading one at a time?

Thanks,
Wes

Roy Dennis August 27th, 2018 01:02 PM

Re: Creating A Playlist With All Songs

An unusual request.

open the search dialog, choose karaoke type button, in the search box enter * character then press search, this will list the whole library.

Then click the header of the column you want them sorted in.

Now select the top track, then scroll to the bottom of the list and hold the shift key down while selecting the last track and left clicking, there might be a long delay but it should show all the songs highlighted.
Now left click anywhere on the highlighted tracks and the curser should change to a hand, keeping the left button down drag the songs to the playlist and drop them there.

It will take some time for the list to populate, then I would open the file menu and select save as and name it to what you want before closing.

Wrahn August 27th, 2018 04:39 PM

Roy,

Once again thanks for your help.

With the update to the Hoster the first part of your instructions was slightly changed.

Rather than select \"karaoke button\" you have to click on the dual function button, \"Party Tyme Search\" and then select \"database\" the other choice is party tyme.

However, from there on, everything works as you indicated.

Thanks again,
Wes

WaltR August 28th, 2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 135591)
Roy,

Once again thanks for your help.

With the update to the Hoster the first part of your instructions was slightly changed.

Rather than select \\\"karaoke button\\\" you have to click on the dual function button, \\\"Party Tyme Search\\\" and then select \\\"database\\\" the other choice is party tyme.

However, from there on, everything works as you indicated.

Thanks again,
Wes

I believe he meant to select the karaoke format once you have the search window open. There are three buttons, karaoke, audio, and video.:)

Roy Dennis December 2nd, 2018 05:42 AM

This thread is now closed.