MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Songverter Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Installed Songverter, Now Problems (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9559)

ranger2050 December 10th, 2007 09:06 PM

Installed Songverter, Now Problems

I purchased Songverter and installed on my main computer. It works fine. I then installed to my backup computer and that seemed to be fine, except when I click the sources box, it is blank. It is not even seeing my C: drive. The box pops up, it is grayed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with the same result. I am running Vista Home premium, all updates are installed and the lame.dll is installed. Any suggestions?

madjim- with the Lord December 11th, 2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger2050 (Post 68466)
I purchased Songverter and installed on my main computer. It works fine. I then installed to my backup computer and that seemed to be fine, except when I click the sources box, it is blank. It is not even seeing my C: drive. The box pops up, it is grayed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with the same result. I am running Vista Home premium, all updates are installed and the lame.dll is installed. Any suggestions?

I don't use Vista. :r Do a search on the forum for "vista" and check the Video Hoster FAQ page which you can access from the Support page of the main site.

I Hope This Helps!

Jim :g .

ranger2050 December 11th, 2007 04:29 PM

Thanks, I have been reading them. Doesn't look good.

ddouglass December 11th, 2007 05:23 PM

Try opening the C: drive main level in Windows explorer and click on the Compatability Files Button. This should set it all the way down to all levels. Then try it and see if the drive is there.

ranger2050 December 11th, 2007 06:33 PM

OK I am half way there. I reinstalled songverter and did the register tweak. It is now working fine (for Now) on the desktop and I have my DVD drives back.
I reinstalled on my backup laptop and did the register tweak and I have my dvd back. Good so far.
However, on the laptop, when I open songverter and click on 1-source folder, the source folder box opens and is grayed out showing no sources to choose from. The make new folder, OK and Cancel buttons are there.

ddouglass December 11th, 2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger2050 (Post 68523)
However, on the laptop, when I open songverter and click on 1-source folder, the source folder box opens and is grayed out showing no sources to choose from. The make new folder, OK and Cancel buttons are there.

Read my above post. This has to be done in Windows Explorer not Songverter. If that doesn't fix it, try going down to the Songverter Folder in Explorer (C:\Program Files\Micro Technologies Unlimited\Songverter) and do the same thing. That should give Songverter rights to view the hard drive.

ranger2050 December 11th, 2007 11:39 PM

I am not quite sure what you mean by C: drive main level

ranger2050 December 11th, 2007 11:44 PM

OK It is now viewing the C:, but still nothing in the source box and it does not see the external drive.

ddouglass December 12th, 2007 12:19 PM

Are you logged in as administrator?
Did you set it in the Songverter folder?
Also for the external drive you may have to do the same thing to it.

ranger2050 December 12th, 2007 01:01 PM

Yes I am. When I open songverter it shows the c: in the source and target boxes. Clicking 1-source or 2-target will not bring up anything except the grayed out box.

ranger2050 December 12th, 2007 08:33 PM

I just noticed that when I open songverter on my laptop and click on Help, if I click need help?, check for updates or MTU forums, I get the message (This file does not have a program with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.) These work fine on my desktop.

ranger2050 December 12th, 2007 09:08 PM

Well I fixed that part, now I am just down to the grayed out sources box with only the C: drive showing. Still working on it.

ddouglass December 12th, 2007 11:25 PM

Do you have the UAC (User Access Control turned off or on?
Where ever the files you want to work on are located try clicking on the Compatability Files Button. This should all programs to find and use those files.

ranger2050 December 12th, 2007 11:49 PM

Its turned off. I don't what this laptops problem is. Songverter works just fine on my desktop with the same operating system.

ddouglass December 13th, 2007 01:06 AM

Try turning it back on.