MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How many song books to you bring to a show? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8928)

bryant June 4th, 2007 05:57 PM

How many song books to you bring to a show?

I was wondering how many song books we carry to shows?

Lonman June 4th, 2007 07:38 PM

10 Title/10 Artist

mindonstrike June 4th, 2007 07:51 PM

8 Artist & 4 Title.

bryant June 5th, 2007 09:21 AM

I see that most of you have separate books for artists onlyand another set of books for titles only.,

I find that interesting. Never thought of that approach.

Do you find many saying such things as "Do you have a title/artist book" when they have aone and nee the other? Or see them swapping around during the night?

kedmison June 5th, 2007 10:18 AM

8 Artist and 2 title.

Kelly

Lonman June 5th, 2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 62962)
I see that most of you have separate books for artists onlyand another set of books for titles only.,

I find that interesting. Never thought of that approach.

It only happened for me because my books were getting rather large - about 3" binders. Splitting them up made more sense & I can yield more books overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 62962)
Do you find many saying such things as "Do you have a title/artist book" when they have aone and nee the other? Or see them swapping around during the night?

Sure they do, but no more so than I used to hear them asking me, do you have an artist listing - when it was IN behind the title section at the time.
Most have their preference & want just the artist, others want just the title, then you do get some that flip flop back & forth - sometimes grabbing both, but knowing if someone needs a book, they need to let 1 go.

KimoBell June 6th, 2007 01:58 PM

I take 8 "TITLE"
and 8 "ARTIST"

billyo June 21st, 2007 08:06 AM

i take 5 artist and 5 song titles with 2 diff. color binders black for the titles and blue for the artist.

bryant June 21st, 2007 04:57 PM

I know around here they wouls ALL take both the title AND song books back to their seats.

I decided on artist only with a master copy for those who really know the song but NOT the artist, and this happens about twice a month (@6 gigs a week).

Lonman June 21st, 2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 63340)
I know around here they wouls ALL take both the title AND song books back to their seats.

You would probably be surprised.

bryant June 21st, 2007 05:45 PM

Be surprised at what. :? I know what they do around here.:s

Remember, I live here.:r

I've seen them take 4 books to a table with three sitting at the table and only one singing all night (and only one or two songs at that).:e

mindonstrike June 21st, 2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 63342)

I've seen them take 4 books to a table with three sitting at the table and only one singing all night (and only one or two songs at that).:e

One singer - 4 books. Sounds like a candidate for a sign :) :)

Sam

bryant June 21st, 2007 07:53 PM

You're right.. The other three are prolly saying :? "Hey, on page 25, sing this one...no wait, try this one on page 28...whatsa matter you ain't gotta book, go get one there's one left.":? :?

swany August 8th, 2007 07:51 PM

Ten, usually set out 6 or 7 and pass out the rest if needed. Saves on the cleaning, wear and tear and restocking slips and pencils.

bryant August 9th, 2007 02:11 AM

Exactly Swany, I put out 5 or 6, hold a couple back if needed. makes good sense. One bar tonight I brought four, they are getting more and more predictable and paperless all the time.

TTowntenor August 9th, 2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 64677)
One bar tonight I brought four, they are getting more and more predictable and paperless all the time.

Predictable? No one does new songs?

bryant August 10th, 2007 01:11 AM

Not at that table, they only sing 70-80's, and there haven't been any new ones in 27 years.:g :)

bryant August 10th, 2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTowntenor (Post 64699)
Predictable? No one does new songs?

Not at that bar I mean.

Monolithent October 29th, 2007 04:49 PM

I carry a total of 10 but rarely use them all

7 artist and 3 title.

Depending on the show I will put out more or less.

I've found that at times if I put out too many I find them on the floor (I hate thet). I like to keep them in demand so people are paying more attention to where a book is.

Usually have 6 to 8 of them out at any show. But the displayed quantity varies.

Jon

Monolith Entertainment

billyo October 30th, 2007 05:21 PM

usually bring in 10 books 5 titles 5 artist, only have 7 left my last private party ( saturday ) someone walked away took my 3 books with 'em..:m