MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Long wait time to reset Microstudio (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11441)

Mr.Bill229 April 22nd, 2009 12:23 PM

Long wait time to reset Microstudio

I am rying to re-install Microstudio 4.06, but when I try, it says It's already installed on two computers, which is not correct. I submitted a support ticket four days ago, but I've not heard back. Isn't that a long waiting time?:?

Bill

ddouglass April 22nd, 2009 12:34 PM

What did you change on the computer?
Were you able to uninstall Microstudio prior to making the changes?
Or is this just a re-install of Microstudio?
Did you receive an automatic email response after submitting your ticket?

Mr.Bill229 April 22nd, 2009 01:00 PM

Resonse to your question on Microstudio

I needed to re-format my hard drive. I didn't unistall Microstudio before re-formatting. Am I always supposed to do that? And yes, I did receive an automatatic response to my request. That was on Saurday. Since this is now the following Wednesday, I thought I should have heard back.

Thanks for any help that you could give me.

Mr.Bill

ddouglass April 22nd, 2009 01:24 PM

In that automatic response should be a ticket number and a link to check the status of the ticket.
Since you sent it on Staurday, then two of the 4 days it has sat in the in box for support, because MTU does not work on weekends. Depending on how many tickets are submitted over the weekend then 2 days is not really a lengthy time. If they haven't responded by the end of the week, then let me know and I will check on it.
If you had uninstalled it before reformatting the drive, then you would have been able to re-install imediately afterward. MTU has changed all their programs to allow you to un-install it on-line and re-install it on a different computer (or reformated one which is recognized as a different computer. So yes if possible always un-install any MTU programs before you make changes to a computer, either physical components or operating system (not including upgrades).

admin April 23rd, 2009 10:40 PM

you should upgrade to Version 4.20. It allows you to remove and re-install on a new computer without needing MTU.

Just reformatting and reinstallinng Windows won't prevent installing Microstudio on the same computer.

Is that ALL you did? If so, we may have a problem to track down. :e

Roy Dennis April 24th, 2009 06:00 AM

Admin
This is a microstudio thread.:)

Roy.

madjim- with the Lord April 24th, 2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 92069)
Admin
This is a microstudio thread.:)

Roy.

The version numbers on Hoster (4.08) and Microstudio (4.20) are too close. They must be working on Hoster now and he has the Hoster number on his mind. :r :w

Jim :g

billyo April 24th, 2009 08:45 PM

i think admin is right i just downloaded the 4.20 version of microstudio.i just had to make sure that i'm on microstudio forum:g:g