MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Singers Song Screen Not Visable (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11945)

julesfogel February 13th, 2010 04:15 PM

Singers Song Screen Not Visable

My singer’s song screen (where the lyrics are shown) has disappeared. I have a dual video card an am running another program and the singers screen shows up each time on my TV with no problems. I recently double clicked on the Micro Studio singers screen for the first time and it jumped to my TV and worked fine. After a restart days later, I no longer have the singers screen on my computer monitor or my TV. Can anyone help?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Thanks<o:p></o:p>
Jules<o:p></o:p>
:f

ddouglass February 13th, 2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julesfogel (Post 99080)
<FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana>My singer’s song screen (where the lyrics are shown) has disappeared. I have a dual video card an am running another program and the singers screen shows up each time on my TV with no problems. I recently double clicked on the Micro Studio singers screen for the first time and it jumped to my TV and worked fine. After a restart days later, I no longer have the singers screen on my computer monitor or my TV. Can anyone help?chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:f

Do you see the Windows background on the TV?
Did you have the dual screens setup prior to opening Microstudio?
The only way I know of to correct this, if your answer to the above questions is both yes, is to use Regedit and delete the settings for Microstudio in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Micro Technology Unlimited. To do this right click on Microstudio and select Delete.
Then open Microstudio and play a song. It should be back on your computer in the default size and location.
Hoster has a command to reset the displays in its Tools Menu, but unfortunately Microstudio does not. I would suggest that from now on you reset it at the end of a session by double clicking it again to bring it back to the computer before you close Microstudio.

julesfogel February 13th, 2010 05:18 PM

Singers Song Screen Problem

The answer to both your questions is YES. I'm sorry to sound stupid but I don't understand exactly what to do to complete your suggested fix.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks<o:p></o:p>
:)

julesfogel February 13th, 2010 05:27 PM

OK I:)found the file in the registry edit mode. Do I delete the entire file or a single file under Micro Studio?

ddouglass February 13th, 2010 06:24 PM

Delete the whole thing. Right click on Microstudio and select delete. That will remove all settings and when you open Microstudio that will rebuild the folder with everything in it set to the default settings.

julesfogel February 13th, 2010 06:38 PM

OK, Done. Now I have the screen on my TV and can not get it back on my computer.

ddouglass February 13th, 2010 06:42 PM

Double Click on it and it should come back or at least shrink down so you can drag it.

julesfogel February 14th, 2010 03:40 PM

Dale

Thanks for your help. It's working propperly now.

Jules