MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Resetting of Registration (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=4479)

Obmulap September 12th, 2004 01:20 AM

Resetting of Registration

Hello All,

Who do I contact to have my registration reset on MTU's side. My system crashed and I was forced to do a full reinstall. When I reinstall Microstudio, I get an error telling me that it is already registered on another computer (which would make sense).

Thanks for any help.
Cp

admin September 13th, 2004 10:52 AM

Re: Resetting of Registration

Problem is it has been registered on 3 computers that appear to be distinctly different. The license is for one installation. The other 2 are then available for exactly what you need... upgrading your computer without MTU's help.

Please order the $15 upgrade to solve your problem.

Obmulap September 13th, 2004 11:24 AM

Please bare with me to see if I understand this correctly. Within the last year I've made upgrades and replacements to my computer which have made it necessary for me to reinstall Windows Xp. Now that I have reached the "limit" I have to pay $15.00 for the upgrade (which I did back in August of 2003) even though the download link from the email has allowed me to download v2.609 which now resides on my desktop and is now useless?

admin September 14th, 2004 07:01 PM

The problem is you have installed it on too many computers. The license AND THE PRICE is for one (1) computer installation. The other 2 are provided to allow you to upgrade your ONE computer, or replace it. They are NOT provided to allow you to install on 2 or 3 computers. The upgrade will allow you to install again.

Other companies require you to purchase a full price version again to install on a SECOND computer. We thought we were being nice to allow you to upgrade two times without paying more.

Obmulap September 14th, 2004 08:14 PM

There in lies the problem. I have not installed the program on three different computers, only one computer. But having to do a complete reinstall of Windows Xp makes it appear to have been installed three times. Everyone knows that Windows will generate new computer ID numbers when the program is reinstalled. And if it is a matter of a hardware ID, then it would also be true since I have replaced my motherboard three times this past year due to a burn out and a processor upgrade.

Another gentlemen in the forum stated in his post that he was receiving the same error message. The response to him was simply "Try again. I have fixed this for you."

Why is my situation any different?

admin September 15th, 2004 08:15 AM

Your registration records show almost everything changed on your computer from March, to July to September when you registered. The last 2 were close enough that I deleted one.

Install again. :w