MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Another Technical Question (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11219)

Roy Dennis January 23rd, 2009 05:06 PM

Another Technical Question

I have an amplifier which has 2 outputs marked "Score Out" The user guide with this amp Quotes it as (The specified terminal out to transfer the microphone signal to the song machine or mini Karaoke unit for score box with two grade point connections either"H" (divide the high grade point connect) or "L(bottom cent grade point connect).

Completely baffles me, can anyone explain what this does. I have not been able to find any answers by searching internet.

billyo January 23rd, 2009 05:16 PM

are you sure that's an amp? or just a tuner for home set-up, and also what brand is it? what kind of connections, does it have 1/8,1/4, xlr, rca or banana plug connections?

Roy Dennis January 23rd, 2009 06:27 PM

It is an AWF-KA100 Karaoke Amplifier and Mixer. Have had it for about 5 years, no complaints with it.
The connections in question are phono sockets. There are phono sockets for Line input for Aux 1, Aux 2, CD, DVD and an effects send & return. 5 1/4" Jack sockets for Mic's. The Speaker terminals are Terminal Posts with banana plugs fitted.

billyo January 23rd, 2009 08:23 PM

oh well, i've never heard of it, are you using it to run your show? if you never had problems with it, then you're good to go:), my guessed is, thats a home type amp/mixer, if you have phono ( rca? ) connections..

Roy Dennis January 23rd, 2009 08:49 PM

Yes I have been using it for about five years now to run my shows no problems. I mainly only do local bars and The village hall. It is 200 + 200 Watts @ 8 ohms which I run it at or 300+300 @ 4 ohms. Never have to use full volume. It just puzzles me what score out is.

Monolithent January 24th, 2009 12:07 AM

Just looking into this. It sounds like a microphone through but that really doesn't make sense. Can you post some more information about this animal?

Maybe a picture of the back so we can see what youre looking at? Or a link to an owners manual?

Roy Dennis January 24th, 2009 02:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have attached 4 pages from the user manuel.
I am thinking it may be something to do with if you connected it to one of their own players.

billyo January 24th, 2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 88634)
I have attached 4 pages from the user manuel.
I am thinking it may be something to do with if you connected it to one of their own players.

ok, i think ive seen something like that before, hope you wont mind me saying this, thats a home type tuner/mixer, most asian communities uses those kinds at theire homes, mics are connected in it,where they can control reverbs./echoes etc. and they also have a cdg/vcd/lazer dsc, player hooked -up to it, and also, i just dont know what you call it, they also use that to plugged in a sing-along mics with like a thousand songs in it, but if it works for you doing your shows w/o any problems, well keep using it.

Lonman January 24th, 2009 05:16 PM

It's looks to be for a competition system that can be bought separately which will score the mic users in accordance to how accurate they are on the lyrics - doesn't really work as it just goes by tone of the singer compared to the key of the music.
Pioneer has something similar.

Roy Dennis January 25th, 2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 88635)
hope you wont mind me saying this, thats a home type tuner/mixer, most asian communities uses those kinds at theire homes, .

Don't mind at all Billyo. All I know is it works reliably and have never had any complaints about sound quality wherever I show.

Lonman.
Yes you may be right I have been to a show where the DJ had one of those scoring things. Was OK but I don't like trying to make it like a competition.