MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hoster only plays on one speaker (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17135)

DannyGsKaraoke August 26th, 2018 10:52 PM

Hoster only plays on one speaker

I had to go to my backup player because the music from Hoster was only playing the left speaker. All of my other players played perfectly.

Roy Dennis August 27th, 2018 01:30 PM

Re: Hoster only plays on one speaker

Never heard of this problem before.

When you say your backup player play OK, is it using the same computer and same operating system ?

Are you using an external sound card, if so is the backup player running from the same sound card ?

I would check your sound cards properties while Hoster is running, specifically the Balance settings that are shown from the levels tab.

Have you tried listening though a pair of headphones strait from the PC headphone jack to see if the problem is from the computer or after that link ?

DannyGsKaraoke August 27th, 2018 01:44 PM

Same computer same sound card, I use an external sound card. All but Hoster plays on both speakers.

Roy Dennis August 27th, 2018 01:57 PM

Did this happen all of a sudden ?

If so did you change any settings just prior to it happening.

you could try creating a backup file from the Help menu/backup restore function an see if it will attach to your reply, I might be able to check your settings on my own computer.

DannyGsKaraoke August 27th, 2018 05:52 PM

I made no changes whatsoever. And it\'s only happening with Hoster. I can\'t see any setting in Hoster that could cause it to happen.

Roy Dennis August 28th, 2018 04:51 AM

So is it still only playing out of left side ?
Did you switch players strait away at venue while everything was hooked up ?
This has never been reported before and sounds like a hardware hook up problem to me.
Example a jack plug not fully inserted or a faulty wired cable to plug.

DannyGsKaraoke August 28th, 2018 07:05 AM

Played a song off of winamp without touching any cables and played on both speakers so wiring is definitely ruled out. Only software doing the single speaker routine is Hoster.

Roy Dennis August 28th, 2018 07:25 AM

Is it still doing it ?
If not was it just a particular song that was playing at the time ?
Which would indicate a faulty recording.

DannyGsKaraoke August 29th, 2018 03:00 PM

Have not been able to test it out yet. I would have to bring my speakers and my rack or detach my sound card which is velcroed to the rack and hook it up to my backup mixer.

Roy Dennis August 29th, 2018 03:12 PM

Why can’t you just plug a pair of headphones into your laptop to hear if its playing out of both. If it plays right through them then the problem must be further along the chain.

Lonman September 18th, 2018 10:49 PM

He is a one and done user. He moved on to other software.

Roy Dennis September 19th, 2018 03:57 AM

Ok, I’ll close this thread now