MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Automatic Voice enhancer (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11119)

mindonstrike December 19th, 2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonman (Post 87403)
I made that label for my mixer & put it on the +48 phantom power button. We accidently pushed it once & it made a horrendous noise, so it was labeled the suck button. People asked why I just told them because it would suck if you pushed it.
Here is the cartoon pic though.

LOL - That was exactly the cartoon I was thinking of. Thanks

Sam

muzicman144 December 22nd, 2008 01:38 PM

Voice Enchancer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindonstrike (Post 87480)
I'm sorry you misunderstood my post.The short interpretation should have been that no matter how bad he was, I would never ever tell him that he couldn't sing, primarily because of his service to our country.

"bang bang" was his euphemism for gunfire and explosions. His way of explaining his deafness .

Sam

Thanks for explaining, I am a veteran, and play many Military Post and Military clubs. I just thank the powers to be that so many came back and are able to participate, while thanking the ones who did not come back. I knew the "Bang Bang" lingo, just thought it was in bad taste. I also understand the agony on bad singers, but some have earned the right to sing bad.
Thanks for listening
Muzicman:c:c:c:c

bryant December 22nd, 2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonman (Post 87397)
No no, they got caught lip syncing, they never actually sang a note on their records or live - which is when they got caught, singing on stage & the cd skipped!

You know, I saw them on stage once, and they really seemed to do a good job. You know, there talking in between sounded exactly like their singing voices, etc.

Lonman December 23rd, 2008 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryant (Post 87579)
You know, I saw them on stage once, and they really seemed to do a good job. You know, there talking in between sounded exactly like their singing voices, etc.

Do a search on it, it was the biggest 'scandal' in the music awards since they got their grammy for the album. It wasn't until afterward the industry found out they didn't actually sing on the album or even write it - when they were forced to give back their grammy awards.
It was a studio project but the singers were not of 'star' looks - overweight (in the 80's that was a big thing) so the 2 that were chosen eventually did all the performing live. Funny thing is they both could actually sing, they were just not allowed to!

bryant December 24th, 2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonman (Post 87594)
Do a search on it, it was the biggest 'scandal' in the music awards since they got their grammy for the album. It wasn't until afterward the industry found out they didn't actually sing on the album or even write it - when they were forced to give back their grammy awards.
It was a studio project but the singers were not of 'star' looks - overweight (in the 80's that was a big thing) so the 2 that were chosen eventually did all the performing live. Funny thing is they both could actually sing, they were just not allowed to!

I do remember reading all about it. I remember at the time thinking that someone was out to get them or something as what I saw seemed so authentic at their concert.:e:)

captnkarl September 20th, 2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 87355)
i had one about 7 years ago before we all went digital,( i was using a mini disc back then ) it was made by A.R.E. it was a table top type gear not a rack mount , cost me almost $700, the only bad thing about it was its only good for 1 mic,and this was a very excellent gear, you can sound like from michael jackson to darth vader, eagles to a church choir..has a pitch correction etc.i had to trade it in for a mackie vlz

Billyo, I would be interested in something like that...even if it were just for fun. Do you have any more info on it cause I can't seem to find anything on the web about A.R.E.

Thanks

billyo September 20th, 2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnkarl (Post 96163)
Billyo, I would be interested in something like that...even if it were just for fun. Do you have any more info on it cause I can't seem to find anything on the web about A.R.E.

Thanks

i'll see if i still have the manual, that was a while back and i wished i have never traded it, caused that was a very nice gear to have..and also it's not really an auto. enhancer you have to kinda set it manually to look for voice effects you wanted..i might be wrong on the manufacturers name, if not A.R.E. try D.O.D ( can't tell you the meaning of ) i think Lexicon has one too, so you might wanna try seaching the web for "voice enhancer"