PDA

View Full Version : Importing zip Files

Jabloe
April 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
I am considering buying the Hoster program, I have downloaded the Demo but am having a problem with importing files off my external drive. I import a folder of zip files then when I attempt to search for a song it reads no such song found. I called MTU and they told me to download songverter demo and convert to KMAs. They say KMA is the only format you can search with. I did that & I left that folder on my desktop but can't seem to open it with Hoster. What am I doing wrong? I see other KJ's using Hoster with ease, I thought it would import Zip files & work like any other Karaoke program

ddouglass
April 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
What type of files are in the zip folders? The current version will import only the MP3+G types. Those folders should only have 2 files in them. The .MP3 file and the .CDG file.

Jabloe
April 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM
The zip files I am using are MP3+G

rickyrey
April 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
If I am understanding this thread correctly
What's the use of using Sonverter to convert to KMA if Hoster does not support importing those to the database?

Jabloe
April 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
Thats my point I just want to be able to import my MP3+G zip files from an external hard drive & be able to search for songs. A guy from Karake 800-645-8401 told me I had tio convert all the files to KMA in oder for Hoster to read them. I see a lot of KJ's doing just what I want to do, but I am having a problem. I am willing to spend the $200 for the program if I can get it to work right

ddouglass
April 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
The zip files I am using are MP3+G
Did any show "error" in the Status column next to the file when you imported them? If they imported right it should say "Imported"
Are there more than two files in the Zip folder? Are they named the same?
Try doing a search with Title, Artist and Brand buttons pushed. Then put a * in the search box. This should show you all imported files.
If I remember correctly the demo version only imports a limited number of songs and only a portion of them just so you can get a taste of how good Hoster is.

ddouglass
April 1st, 2008, 10:59 PM
If I am understanding this thread correctly
What's the use of using Sonverter to convert to KMA if Hoster does not support importing those to the database?

Read your other thread to find your answer on how to add those to Hoster.