PDA

View Full Version : Auto Delete

swany
March 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
First time using it, everything went fine. Really like the songverter.

Now I try to auto delete after converting, it no longer works?

Anything, I can do to remedy this.

swany
April 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Go figger after not working for three days it healed itself. @#$%@!#$%^Vista

ddouglass
April 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
Repeat after me Swany, "I love Microsoft....I love Microsoft....."
Beside what fun would we have if everything worked right all the time?

swany
April 3rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Tell me about it, I'm converting a large batch of audio mp3 files over to wma, the darling of PC world Vista, times out so you have to run only a 100-150 at a time. It sometimes will still shut the songverter down. Wait a while and retry, if it don't start right away. Restart the PC and then you are good to go for a while. Oh well 75% done. I did take one DVD with over 500 on it, and it converted that without a hitch.

ddouglass
April 3rd, 2008, 02:12 AM
It might be hanging the process for Songverter. Try opening Task Manager (if Vista has that), find and end the process. Then try again. If that doesn't work then I guess restart is the only choice.

swany
April 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Had it shut down on me again, via Vista timeout.

Vista bad take a timeout.

Think I found the problem with Vista PC anyway. I was converting with auto delete which is working well now. But I was putting them in a common file, I have since made a extra file and convert and put in it, move them to the common. Good ol Vista has problems with reading over 5000 files, so there was the glitch I presume. So far, I ran it most of the day without it shutting down. Live, bumble, bumble some more and mayhaps learn. :g