PDA

View Full Version : has MTU tested this drive to see if it reads and wrties CD+G?

danny_g
January 6th, 2002, 02:13 PM
I just found this drive (iLG Electronics GCE-8160B) in a circular from best buy and was wondering if it had been tested for CDG. I know they list it in the drives that Microstudio reckognizes but the site also says that they haven't assertained on every drive whether or not it will read cdg. It's on sale for $89.99 after instant rebate and also has 2 other rebates totalling up to $40. so the end price gives you the drive for $49.99 which most cd-roms go for these days. I'm thinking of installing it on my intel computer I'm building if it does work with cdg discs.

MTUSUPPORT
January 7th, 2002, 04:42 PM
This drive won't do the CD+G format. We have had some clients to tell us this. The Sanyo drives, don't seem to do CD+G. The only drive that does do it correctly is Plextor.

danny_g
January 7th, 2002, 06:07 PM
well I know my HP cd writer 8100 does a great job on cdg's so I don't know why you would say that only Plextor drives does it correctly. But I will take your word on the LG drive as the nearest best buy is about twenty or thirty minutes away a little too far for me to go for such a deal if I tried it out myself. I believe that my HP may be the reason I am able to copy the new Sound Choice discs while a buddy of mine that has a plextor can not do it.

MTUSUPPORT
January 8th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Danny,
This is only for new drives. It is hard to find an older HP drive that will work. Thus the reason for me stating Plextor.

Brianrene
March 11th, 2002, 08:32 AM
THE PLEXTER 16/10/40A can back up the new sound choice

Papa Ray
May 16th, 2002, 10:11 PM
I've used a HP 8100 for two years to back up my CD-g's. It works well with Goldenhawk. When I use it to burn a CD-g that I have produced using microstudio and vogone, the sweep is still off (slow) by about 4 seconds.

What are some brand name recorders that have been successful?

I'm considering replacing my old HP.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks much! Papa Ray

danny_g
May 17th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Papa Ray
I've used a HP 8100 for two years to back up my CD-g's. It works well with Goldenhawk. When I use it to burn a CD-g that I have produced using microstudio and vogone, the sweep is still off (slow) by about 4 seconds.

What are some brand name recorders that have been successful?

I'm considering replacing my old HP.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks much! Papa Ray

try cleaning the drive. I have had nothing but good luck with my HP8100 and refuse to give up the ship just because it s an older drive. Have never experienced the above situation you have stated.