PDA

View Full Version : sound choice with the new pretection

kjpete
January 2nd, 2002, 09:06 PM
IS THERE ANYTHING MTU HAS THAT CAN BREAK THE NEW PROTECTION THAT SOUND CHOICE HAS PUT IN THEIR CD'S.? IF SO PLEASE EMAIL ME AND TELL ME HOW TO COPY THESE CD'S. THANKS PETE. I HAVE THE PLEXTOR WHICH MTU RECOMENDED. I CAN BURN ON IMPORT TRACTS BUT 15 WILL NOT COPY. THE CD'S WITH THE PICTURE OF A TORNADO ON IT WILL NOT COPY AT ALL.ANY ADVICE. DID MTU SELL ME THE WRONG BURNER??????:?

MEESTER HAM
January 3rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
DON'T BUT THEM

danny_g
January 3rd, 2002, 11:33 AM
You can't back them up but Microstudio will play them off the cd.

MEESTER HAM
January 3rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
DON'T BUY THEM

danny_g
January 3rd, 2002, 07:09 PM
Guess what Media cloq does not work against microstudio I jsut burnt a media cloq disc with it. It will not only play but record them. I guess it depends on what drive you are using. I use a HP8100 cdwriter and have had terrific results. SO I have beaten media cloq..LOL

prosound
January 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Instead of using the "Duplicate Disc Tab" to copy Sound Choice, go to "Import Tracks Tab". Select all of the tracks except for track 16. Import tracks and add to custom assembly tab. Go to "Custom Assembly Tab" and burn your CDG. I have had no problem at all doing it this way. Possibly its the burner that I use. I use a HP 9100 with Memorex CD-R. Good Luck!

danny_g
January 7th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Must be the writers as a buddy of mine tried with another media cloq disc and it failed to work. It must be the brand of writers as mine is an hp as well, hp 8100. Maybe MTU might look into the HP writers more thoroughly.

MTUSUPPORT Added: The older HP Drives were manufactured by Sony. These drives did work for Karaoke. After the HP 9300, they no longer would work for Karaoke. The security that is also being talked about in this post, is also embedded in the Drive, so the drive has support for the Security. Thus the reason that the newer drives can't work for copying the security.

Darlene
April 14th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Which HP 8100 or 9100's are you using, Internal or External (if external SCSI or USB) a friend of mine has the USB, and can't use it for this... Thanks

danny_g
April 14th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Might not be necessary right now as Sound Choice has decided to suspend Medicloq untill a DVD friendly version is available.

Darlene
April 14th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Danny_G, what HP 8100 do you have?
Thanks

danny_g
April 14th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Internal IDE

Songbird
July 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Why is Sound Choice putting this block on their CDG"s? Is this a new thing that will soon be on all CDG"s? I also, can't copy my Priddis CDG's. The error message says "Discs containing more than one session are not supported" What does that mean and why are they doing it. I hope it's not a trend to get us to stop making back-up copies! :? I am going to go try the tips I learned here right away. HOPE IT WORKS!!! Thanks for all the help.

Songbird
July 18th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Why is Sound Choice putting this block on their CDG"s? Is this a new thing that will soon be on all CDG"s? I also, can't copy my Priddis CDG's. The error message says "Discs containing more than one session are not supported" What does that mean and why are they doing it. I hope it's not a trend to get us to stop making back-up copies! I am going to go try the tips I learned here right away. HOPE IT WORKS!!! Thanks for all the help.

Songbird
July 18th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Sorry, it's my first time posting - I don't know how I got 2 messeges in here!

MTUSUPPORT
July 18th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Songbird,
Search the forums, by clicking on Search at the very top. Type in "Multisession" it will come up with alot of posts, that will tell you how to get around the Multisession type of Security.