PDA

View Full Version : Information

sgt_bo
October 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I am new to this so please bear with me.

I have a HP laptop with media software, i want to use my laptop for a Karoke machine, just for like the house and friends parties. I have a spare TV monitor I can use so they can see the songs but here are my problems.

1) What would be the best software to buy (I have over 100K songs) on a 1TByte Hard Drive

2) Only want to use my laptop and no other equipment, but also want to enable micrphones to be used

3) Want to be able to use regular CD plus have the lyrics on the screen is this possible?

thanks
bo

billyo
October 19th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I am new to this so please bear with me.

I have a HP laptop with media software, i want to use my laptop for a Karoke machine, just for like the house and friends parties. I have a spare TV monitor I can use so they can see the songs but here are my problems.

1) What would be the best software to buy (I have over 100K songs) on a 1TByte Hard Drive

2) Only want to use my laptop and no other equipment, but also want to enable micrphones to be used

3) Want to be able to use regular CD plus have the lyrics on the screen is this possible?

thanks
bo
when you say 100K songs are you talking about karaoke cd or red cd ( regular audio cd) ?
you need to get either the full version of hoster or the lite version from mtu in order to do karaoke show ..the diff. between the 2 was on hoster lite you wont be able to import singers disc and you wont be able to create a songbook..regular cd ?do you mean audio cd ,you can play regular cd's, but no graphics ( lyrics ) will show up on your screen..only cdg' ( graphic cd ) if you wanna use your microphone,my suggestion is to get yourself a descent mixing board , and a studio quality monitor ( speakers ) you'll have a better sound quality than just using your laptop, ..to enable dual display click on control panel..display then setting , youll see two screens 1 and 2 ,1 being your main screen and 2 your viewer screen..click on 2, click on extend my monitor, click apply ,then ok..make sure your tv is on before doing these steps..you should be running in no time doing these steps...good luck.. i forgot to mentioned you need an s-video to rca cable also plug in the svideo to your laprop and rca jack to your tv..

bobcox- with the Lord
October 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
You can't get on screen lyrics from a regular audio cd.
you need cd+g, that is a karaoke cd + graphics
also you will need equipment for your mics.

sgt_bo
October 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
So with the Hoster program will it copy CD's to make a CD-g, or how can i make a CD-G. I have over 100,000 songs on my external hard drive that i brought into itunes.

I just want to be able to use the songs i have currently and just a laptop to go to friends houses and have fun. I am not interested in doing this for a business just for personal fun.

I have looked for CD-G blank discs all over the place and have had no luck in finding them. I understand it is the words on the screen that makes it the (graphic) part of the CD-G.

Beavis
October 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
there is no cdg blank disk. you can use any blank cd. its the software that you need.

are there really 100,000 songs in cdg format in this world ?

billyo
October 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
So with the Hoster program will it copy CD's to make a CD-g, or how can i make a CD-G. I have over 100,000 songs on my external hard drive that i brought into itunes.

I just want to be able to use the songs i have currently and just a laptop to go to friends houses and have fun. I am not interested in doing this for a business just for personal fun.

I have looked for CD-G blank discs all over the place and have had no luck in finding them. I understand it is the words on the screen that makes it the (graphic) part of the CD-G.

mtu has programs to create your own karaoke..not really sure how it works..i heard it's a lot of work..but the best way is to just buy the cdg ( karaoke ) disc..if its just for personal use..get microstudio from mtu its just you wont be able to show lyrics on your tv , it will just be showing on your laptop..but you still have to buy karaoke disc..still in my opinion..just get a descent mixing board (you can get one for under $100 ) and a descent studio monitor if you want to have a good sound quality especially if you wanted to use a microphone..you wont be able to find any blank cdg disc..you can use a regular blank disc, mtu has some blank disc that you can buy, if you wanted to make your own karaoke

mindonstrike
October 22nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
So with the Hoster program will it copy CD's to make a CD-g, or how can i make a CD-G. I have over 100,000 songs on my external hard drive that i brought into itunes. No.
Neither Hoster nor any other program in the world will change an audio CD into a CDG, nor an audio song from itunes and magicaly create lyrics.

You could use Vogone to maybe reduce the vocals on the songs and then Karaoke Home Producer to add lyrics to the songs (after you've searched the internet for accurate lyrics.), but even if you got it down changing one song per hour, 24 hours a day, it would take you about 11 years to change 100,000 songs to karaoke.

bryant
October 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM
but even if you got it down changing one song per hour, 24 hours a day, it would take you about 11 years to change 100,000 songs to karaoke.

:c Just to sing at a friend's house:c

admin
October 27th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Karaoke Home Producer (KHPro) allows you to add the lyrics to highlight in sync to the music and create a CD+G format file. KHPro can output several formats; BIN, KMA, and I think more but my mind is drugged this morning from back pain medicines. Read the KHPro Testimonials (http://www.mtu.com/testimonials/karaoke-home-producer.htm).

It will typically take from the length of the song to maybe 5 times the length to create a CDG format song. Thus, adding lyrics to a 3 minute song, if you know the song you can tap them in using the Spacebar in... 3 minutes. If you really goof up, stop at that point, and restart. If it takes you 5 tries before you finish, that's still less than 15 minutes, if you stop when you mess up.

KHPro does allow editing the word placement to perfection, but that takes time. Its just easier to redo it again. I assure you, each pass you will get better as you're getting up to speed on the song.

To find the actual lyrics to a song on the Internet, in Google, type in the first or second line of lyrics. DO NOT search for the song name or you'll find a zillion vendors selling that Audio CD. Most lyrics sites are out of the USA, which allows them to operate. Normally it is illegal to publish lyrics without a license, but they do it anyway.

If you add lyrics to a music (that you have bought) it is my understanding you have the right to play it where you want, but not sell or give it away, unless the other person can prove they too bought the music.

Vogone 3.201 (current version) allows creating a MULTIPLEX music file with the music+vocal on the left channel and music only on the right. When played back in Hoster, this allows you to select to hear the vocals (original artist) or not. Its the ultimate for learning a new song. You would then open your Mux song in KHPro to add the lyrics highlighting to the music. Since the two music tracks are in sync, just different content, the lyrics work identically when either is selected to play in Hoster.

Hoster also can install on 2 computers, a show system and a backup system. Hoster Lite installs on one, and as mentioned above, doesn't play tracks from CDG discs directly, and doesn't produce a Songbook.

Hope this helps in your decisions. Post here if you have more questions. :w

Garry A. Leslie
November 3rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Hey All,
Just a note to add to this thread.
There are thousands of tunes out there on mp3 and other formats.
straight forward instrumentals of popular tunes, no vocals to reduce just add music and lyrics and process normally in KHPro.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry

bryant
November 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Good info too, Garry, Thanx.

alec.c
November 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM
:g LOL...and the rest...:g :g

:c Just to sing at a friend's house:c