PDA

View Full Version : BIN to KMA File Question

doug crawford
June 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
My name is Doug Crawford of Laser Labs DJ Entertainment. I am a DJ/KJ from the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>Louisville</st1:City>, <st1:State>Kentucky</st1:State></st1:place> area. I have owned HOSTER for over 2 years and have yet to use it in its full capacity. When we first received the program we could easily convert BIN files to KMA files. We recently upgraded to the 3.6 version and have found it difficult to convert the BIN files into KMA files. The problems that have occurred are: when converting to an independent song list we can only convert a batch of up to 99 files. Also, we only have song name-artist-bin, the program seems to require a 5 section (sc-cd #-song title-artist-track #) label to transfer the music. Is there some way to #1: convert more than 99 songs at a time and #2 convert our BIN files with only the title and artist? We could do this before the upgrade and hope that there is a simple solution. We would appreciate any timely help that anyone could give us and we are willing to reward you for it. I can be reached at (502) 459-1010; or contact Tawny Woods at (502) 333-0772.

ddouglass
June 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Doug none of that has changed in quite a while. The 99 song limit is per bookID not a limit of how many you can do at once. You may be doing Single import instead of Batch import. If you use Batch Import then you can import more than one bookid at a time.

You can set a custom order with separators down under the default setups.