PDA

View Full Version : problem choice: slow panning text or burning issue

derick1
November 23rd, 2001, 12:21 PM
I recently rebuilt my old machine (amd500, 256mb ram) into an amd 1.2 G with 512 mb ram (corsair pc133) and have found a problem with the 2 issues above. (I am an A+ certified technician working in tech support.) If I disable dma for the plextor drive (bought through mtu) the text pans correctly, but I get the bad medium error when trying to burn a backup of my karaoke cd. If I enable the dma for the drive, I can make my backup copy, but the text will pan slower than the music. I have the latest driver for my 32mb ati radeon twin view, installed the adaptec scsi driver per instructions on the forum, have the display set to 800 x 600 at 16 bit color, and have set the windows configuration settings for my win98 se (Microsoft Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A) per instructions for mtu. (All were the same in the older machine and worked without a hitch.) I have a faster 40 gig hard drive as well. Any thoughts on this? I don't want to have to switch between enabling/disabling dma, but will do so if that is my only choice. Microstudio is version 2.311. Attached is my dxdiag file.
Thanks in advance,

David

MTUSUPPORT
December 24th, 2001, 11:00 AM
David,
I would say that you might need to upgrade the Drivers for your motherboard. I know that the Via Chipset has some type of glitch at times with the plextor drive. This is noted at: http://www.plextor.com/english/support/plexhelper/guide/enabledma.html

I have found that when updating all the drivers for your motherboard, alot of times this will fix any issues with the DMA. Let me know what you find.