PDA

View Full Version : CDG files?

blkphtm
November 19th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Just recently purchased a plextor cdrw drive which the specs say that it can read cd+g discs.

My question is, if my cdrom is caplable of reading cdg discs, I am suppose to be able to open My Computer, Cd rom drive and just drag and drop cdg files?

My main goal is to move the cdg files from the cds to my hard drive.

Daren

Brian Corr
November 19th, 2001, 03:02 PM
What you need is Microstudio to enable you to save the CDG files to your hard drive. If you use a prog that does not support CDG to do this they will just end up being wav files.

admin
November 20th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Brian is absolutely correct.

One note I wanted to add is that Microstudio always copies the disc image (or individual files) to the hard drive, and then writes them back to the CDR drive. Thus, you don't need a CDROM drive to make the copies.

George
November 20th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Might be a tad of confusion here. It almost appears that BLKPHTM
may be referring to the CDRW and CDROM as one and the same, and not separate drives.

Take care,

George

blkphtm
November 20th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the imput guys....

I have downloaded the demo of MicrosoStudio. Now I will have to find a computer around here that has Win9x. 2000 pro, is making it to complicated to get working :m

Daren

George
November 20th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Daren, follow the thread in this forum titled "Microstudio and Windows 2000" posted by "totally confused" (just a few posts below yours).If you're using Win 2000 and are having a problem with Microstudio your answer may be there.

Take Care,

George