PDA

View Full Version : cant copy from hard drive to cdr

hdflt85
November 12th, 2001, 10:36 AM
I just installed a plextor 16/10/40 and microstudio v2.312 during the set up for setting the properties for the cd-r i dont have a dma(whatever that is)box to check,and when i try to copy i can copy to hard drive but when i try to copy to cdr i get Error start dao recording command failed on device1:0:0 cue sheet was rejected by cd rom recorder any ideas???

Sing1993
November 12th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Your recorder may not support RAW mode...check to make sure this is not on when trying to record to a disk. Hope it helps...

Lance

George
November 12th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Lance, just what is RAW ?

Take care,

George

Sing1993
November 12th, 2001, 10:47 PM
All I can tell you is that it's a method of writing a CD or CDG...a lot of Writers don't support RAW mode...some writing software programs don't support it. I just notice that the error message that you guys were talking about usually pops up on mine when I forget to take off the RAW mode. I'm still kind of new to this CD writing stuff myself. I only started copying my sound choice CD's because they started messing up by the dozens at a time and I had to use a lot of the backups to replace my originals because they didn't work anymore. It's really made me very angry since I've spent so much money on sound choice CDG's over the years...especially since it's not possible to copy them and make my backups anymore...it's really frustrating. I wish sound choice would make them better quality.

Sing

MTUSUPPORT
November 13th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Microstudio doesn't use the Raw mode at all. The Plextor drive will handle the Raw mode though, that is in there specs.

If you don't have a DMA checkbox, this means that your motherboard in your computer doesn't support DMA. This will prevent copying CD+G's at high speeds with the Plextor drive, but you can write at lower speeds.

Find the Manufacturer and Model number of your Motherboard and go to the company's website. Look for and download their updated drivers that support DMA.

hdflt85
November 14th, 2001, 12:51 PM
thanks i downloaded new drivers and seams to work ok but my comp still sees my cdr as a scsi when its an ide any reson for this

MTUSUPPORT
November 14th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Where is it that it shows it as a SCSI? Is it the SCSI ID under the Properties? If this is the case, this is how all IDE drives will show up. This is because the IDE technology is taken off of the SCSI Technology. IDE drives, (Hard drives, CD-Rom, CD-Recorders and any other IDE Drive) will be given a SCSI ID number, they are usually 0 or 1 depending on the Controller that it is on. Where as SCSI, you have a Jumper on the back where you can change the drive from ID 0 Through 7 (I know for a fact but I think you can go up to 15 or higher)