PDA

View Full Version : corrupt kma files?

TheMusicGeek
March 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I have several songs that all of a sudden will either show “error” when I try to play them or will cause Hoster to close. The weird part is they all appear to be from the same disk and they show as HDZIP as the type. I don’t remember loading them from a zip file but none the less if I reload from the original Sound Choice CD will it replace the bad files even though they show as a HDZIP type?

ddouglass
March 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I have several songs that all of a sudden will either show “error” when I try to play them or will cause Hoster to close. The weird part is they all appear to be from the same disk and they show as HDZIP as the type. I don’t remember loading them from a zip file but none the less if I reload from the original Sound Choice CD will it replace the bad files even though they show as a HDZIP type?
Your best bet would be to go to Edit songs and delete them then reimport. That way they should list as CDCDG.

TheMusicGeek
March 11th, 2007, 11:01 PM
will that keep the same book number?

mindonstrike
March 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
will that keep the same book number?
If you are numbering your songs using the "next" button then possibly no. Easy way to make sure you have the same number is just to enter the number manually.
I use a custom numbering scheme so all of my root ids are manually entered.

On a number of occasions I've overwritten HDKMA's with CDKMA's without problems.

Sam

Caveat: If the track numbers on the HD files don't jive with the track#s on the cdg (due to batch import) then the answer is definately no