PDA

View Full Version : Created cdg's work great on personal system and computer but not on pro system

Steve Elam
October 30th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Imported music from audio cdg using microstudio. Opened wav file in vogon 2, removed vocals or as much as I could in vogon 2. Found to my surprise that I could remove all vocals from same wav file using vogon 1. Created cdg using vogon 1 and karaoke home pro. Everything came out great on my personal computer and small home karaoke system, lyrics, music, everything. But,when I played these same cdg's on a professional system everything that I created was there but the audio. The music could only be heard and not very loud at all, when the amps were turned up to the highest peak of almost to point of tremendous feedback. I have heard that there are settings on pro-systems that can be made to remedy my problem. Can anyone tell me what to do or what settings can be made on pro-systems?

Steve

admin
October 31st, 2001, 08:04 AM
Vogone requires a true stereo file to do its work. Thus, it also creates a true stereo file as the output. When you use this in a Karaoke song. and play it back in a player with the playback selector set to mix the left (A) and right (B) channels, they can cancel each other.

We are looking into the output of Vogone to see if there is something we can do to prevent this. For now, make sure you don't play mixed AB.