PDA

View Full Version : 3.314 not flashing screen, but won't import lyrics?

TKaraoke
January 31st, 2007, 08:24 AM
3.314 upgrade has fixed the screen flashing problem, however, now the cd drive will not import the words, only the music, which it did under previous versions? One step forward 2 steps back!
TKaraoke

Beavis
January 31st, 2007, 08:45 AM
3.314 upgrade has fixed the screen flashing problem, however, now the cd drive will not import the words, only the music, which it did under previous versions? One step forward 2 steps back!
TKaraoke

why dig up an old thread ???

start a new one with your problem !!

admin
January 31st, 2007, 11:22 AM
I split this to its own Thread that is relevant to 3.314 problems.

TKaraoke
What drive are you using? Give us the left column data in the CD/DVD Default Drive dialog.

In 3.314, we are using Microsoft's MMC Interfacing for all drives now. This is totally new code from 3.313. If your drive is older, it may not have any form of MMC interface, and thus won't work.

Did you click the Detect Again button in the CD/DVD dialog?

After you do this, what does the drive show for Kar Read?

Beavis
January 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
TKaraoke

i would hit the cd-rom website and update the firmware.

gd123
January 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
OK...I am still experiencing the Slow Down problem. This slowness shows up everywhere...search box opening and closing on top Hoster menu items, selecting/deselecting songs in the Playlist, starting/stopping Songs, moving Songs to different positions in the Playlist, and Minimizing other Programs that were on top of Hoster, to name a few.

I have tested by changing numerous XPPro SP2 Settings, started anew by deleting Hoster's persistent settings, and adjusted Video and Audio Acceleration, either from within Hoster or through DXDIAG, and, other things too numerous to mention.

None of these things helped except that I noticed, when I disabled DIRECT DRAW completely, there were NO SLOWNESS issues with Hoster. I closed DXDIAG thinking I resolved the problem.

But, upon closing and reopening Hoster, Hoster was back to the same problems.

With Hoster still OPEN, I opened DXDIAG and RE-ENABLED the DIRECT DRAW settings. Then, Hoster, immediately, worked correctly. I closed DXDIAG, closed and reopened Hoster and, again, back to the same problems.

My next trick was to KEEP DXDIAG OPEN PERMANENTLY without changing any settings to DIRECT DRAW and AUDIO ACCELERATION.

Hoster worked perfectly every time Hoster was Opened.

This was PROVEN to work on TWO Different Computers with TWO Different Video Cards.

So, if anyone is experiencing the problems in this Thread, you might try opening DXDIAG and leaving it OPEN until you are done using Hoster.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><o:p][ font font]<>
</o:p][>

mindonstrike
January 31st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Very interesting.
Leaving DXDIAG open while using Hoster did indeed speed up the screen redraw. Unsure of whether it's as fast as it was back in 3.312,but quite a bit faster.

Sam

ddouglass
January 31st, 2007, 03:21 PM
This makes no sense because by leaving dxdiag open you are actually using more resources which should actually slow it down more.:e

mindonstrike
January 31st, 2007, 03:28 PM
This makes no sense because by leaving dxdiag open you are actually using more resources which should actually slow it down more.:eYou'd think!, but I tried it on my laptop and it did speed things up quite a bit.

I think I've still got 3.003 side by side with 3.314 on one of my computers. As soon as I can I'll check and compare the two.
If memory serves (and seems to less and less these days :e ) the redraw was nearly immediate before this issue popped up. This "fix" isn't quite that fast but it is much faster.

Sam

ddouglass
January 31st, 2007, 04:22 PM
I am wondering if dxdiag shutsdown some of the functions like DirectDraw and Direct3D when opened to concentrate on the other tests it runs. There is a way from within dxdiag to disable those two functions that might help. Or possibly lower the video acceleration.:?

admin
January 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
I tried it also and my slowness disappeared when DxDiag was open. :e :? :r

Looks to me to be a valid work-around for those being bothered by the slowness. We still can't find any direct code in Hoster that we can link to causing the slowness. :?

gd123
January 31st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the verifications!

bryant
February 1st, 2007, 09:03 AM
I ahve set my computer screen to 1024 x 728 and am using 16 bit color, and use 800 x 600 on the second screen and 16 bit (if it stays, sometimes it'll jump back to 32 bit), and for some reason it eliminated all redraw, but last night there was still some redraw that returned
but far and few between.

My redraw was only when closing the search box.

Now I'll combine this with leaving DX Dialog open.
How do we get that box open again?

ddouglass
February 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Open Start/Run, type in dxdiag and click "ok"

bryant
February 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM
great thx Dale