PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000

kmartcwby
October 28th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Microstudio 2.312 will not run what so ever in win2k, let alone me getting to the point to see if it will copy them correctly. Anything I can do to make it run? or am I out of luck?

George
October 28th, 2001, 02:59 PM
You might want to follow the thread started by Darlene in this forum on Sept. 21 titled "Windows 2000 support."

take care,

George

Cid_cat
October 29th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Microstudio DOES run under Win2000. The only issue I've found thus far is not being able to easily disable "Auto-Insert Notify". The work around is...

hold down EITHER shift key while inserting discs. Once the CDR scans the disc, then you can release the shift key and begin copying.

Good luck.

kmartcwby
October 29th, 2001, 03:40 PM
well my problem with it is, it doesn't run at all, if i could get it to run, then I could prolly configure everything correctly to copy cds with it, but the fact that it just doesn't run kinda prevents me from doing so

Cid_cat
October 29th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Can you provide any information about the errors you are getting? OR when you double-click the Microstudio icon, does anything happen? if so...what?

MTUSUPPORT
October 30th, 2001, 11:15 AM
The only thing that is normally needed for Microstudio to run under Windows 2000 is the ASPI drivers must be updated, thus giving the error "Unable to initialize ASPI Manager". You can find out how to install these drivers at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493

If this doesn't work, then you may have an installation of Windows 2000 that Microstudio will not run on. We don't officially support Windows 2000, because sometimes Microstudio will not run, no matter what you do to that system. Thus being an extreme headache. Most clients are able to install the ASPI drivers and get it up and running in no time though.

kmartcwby
October 31st, 2001, 12:53 PM
I get no response, no errors, or anything in win2k, i just double click and nothing happens and I can't think of any settings or anything that would effect this otherwise..

MTUSUPPORT
October 31st, 2001, 01:59 PM
Uninstall Microstudio and then reboot the computer. Reinstall the software once the computer has been rebooted. You are having an odd ball problem. Was this an upgrade version of Win 2000 or a full clean install?

kmartcwby
November 1st, 2001, 01:37 PM
It was a full clean installation, I would think it would work fine but it's kinda strange if ya ask me

MTUSUPPORT
November 5th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Try uninstalling the software and then reinstall it to see if that does anything. Then make sure that you have upgraded the ASPI drivers, http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493 or you will have problems.

kmartcwby
November 6th, 2001, 01:25 PM
it's all good now, works great, thanks :), just had to reinstall