PDA

View Full Version : graphics sometimes don't work with on player joint's player

jahern
October 26th, 2001, 06:33 PM
I took a recently created disc, one which included KHp songs and songs from Sweet Georgia Brown (key changed) and took it to my favorite joint. My KHp graphics showed just fine, but the graphics for Livin' La Vida Loca (Sweet Georgia Brown) would not show.

Now I am scratching my head. Everything I've done has worked fine at this joint. Recently they put in a new system and I have had two failures in two trips. I am starting to get paranoid. Is the player perhaps just not up to consistently playing cdr's? Even though my media looks great on my computer and my player, is it possibly a media problem? I use Memorex. (and others) Would different Media be better for a player that is inconsistent? Even though my stuff looks great on my players, should I burn the cd's more slowly?

I wrote about a similar problem I had with the backup of a Sound Choice disc. Apparently, Sound Choice is not the culprit.

admin
October 26th, 2001, 09:39 PM
If the player does DVD discs also, try writing your CDR disc at 1x speed. We have had this reported in the past. Sony is one of the worst offenders.

I ONLY recommend MITSUI blank CDR discs. Using anything else is "off standard" and IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) can hide the results. For example, we only use MITSUI discs when we test the CDR drives we sell. Using any other media will indicate we should reject the drive, while using MITSUI proves the drive works correctly or not.

Please post back here what you find out.